FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Star Alliance (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/star-alliance-413/)
-   -   Best and Worst Looking *A Airline Livery? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/star-alliance/1566930-best-worst-looking-airline-livery.html)

hlee628 Apr 6, 2014 9:36 pm

Best and Worst Looking *A Airline Livery?

This thread is of course highly subjective and all based on personal opinion, but just interested in what everyone thinks.

Personally I've always like SQ and NH. Probably because I have a personal affinity for Blue and like simplicity.

For the worst I would have to say CA. Although it is also a simple logo based in Blue/White, for some reason it just does not look very classy to me. Part of the reason is that whenever I have ever seen CA planes, they always seem to be very dirty. I suppose you do fly through a lot more polluted air through Chinese airspace, but with all that white you would think they could put some more effort into cleaning the planes.

zigzagg900 Apr 7, 2014 2:21 am

I first flew on CA when it was CAAC and the tail simply had the Chinese flag. The current Phoenix is classic but the blue cheat lines should be replaced with something like the Olympic Torch or Capital Pavilion livery.

TAP livery is too green. Maybe Green, yellow, and red letters would look better.

malmostoso Apr 7, 2014 2:50 am

For me BR (Eva Air) wins hands down. That logo, that orange/green (mis-)match... it's awful through and through.

The airline, however, is pretty good!

fpc552 Apr 7, 2014 5:33 am

Best - SQ, LH, LX, AC, RV
Worst - OZ, SN, LO, MS, BR

JVPhoto Apr 7, 2014 5:30 pm

Originally Posted by malmostoso (Post 22661932)
For me BR (Eva Air) wins hands down. That logo, that orange/green (mis-)match... it's awful through and through.

The airline, however, is pretty good!

It's so bad it goes over into the good category for me. :)
Same for CA.

The OZ tail is rather nice as is the font on SA.

I dislike the AC paint job all around.

SQ the tail is rather striking however the color scheme leaves something to be desired.

soy Apr 7, 2014 8:54 pm

LX used be a lot better before they enhanced it a year or so ago.
I have grown to like the OZ tail, at least its different, mini-Soy calls it the colorful plane :)

NZ black is the clear winner though

maverick17 Apr 7, 2014 10:31 pm

TG is my personal favorite. NZ is a good call too, especially the black.

temete23 Apr 7, 2014 11:56 pm

NZ new 789 looks awesome in my biased opinion:D

UA Fan Apr 10, 2014 1:53 pm

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trave...-overhaul.html

Open Jaw Apr 15, 2014 8:28 am

I really like NZ, especially the white plane with black tail. AV has a nicer livery. The all white plane with red lettering is my favorite.

mitwg Apr 18, 2014 7:42 am

Originally Posted by temete23 (Post 22668166)
NZ new 789 looks awesome in my biased opinion:D

This. I think the new NZ 789 is fantastically painted.

Other than that, I like both UA and NH's design first, followed by TG and OZ.

As much as I love SQ, I think that livery is more of an 'iconic' look rather than a pretty one. I wish they ditched the gold and actually use a sleek silver based logo, much like at the Silverkris lounges.

BuildingMyBento Apr 18, 2014 10:53 am

I liked the OZ livery just before the current rubbish.

Santander Apr 20, 2014 11:42 am

Best:
1. UA (the few in Rising Blue livery still flying)
2. NH
3. AV

Worst:
1. BR (utterly hideous)
2. CA
3. JP

mahasamatman Apr 20, 2014 4:32 pm

Sorry for the low-res, but I like the one on the right.

http://mahasamatman.com/3genUAzoom.jpg

Notfrequentflyer May 8, 2014 9:34 am

Originally Posted by hlee628 (Post 22661167)
This thread is of course highly subjective and all based on personal opinion, but just interested in what everyone thinks.

Personally I've always like SQ and NH. Probably because I have a personal affinity for Blue and like simplicity.

For the worst I would have to say CA. Although it is also a simple logo based in Blue/White, for some reason it just does not look very classy to me. Part of the reason is that whenever I have ever seen CA planes, they always seem to be very dirty. I suppose you do fly through a lot more polluted air through Chinese airspace, but with all that white you would think they could put some more effort into cleaning the planes.

IMHO the like goes to:
1) SIA - The golden underline really makes huge different. Subtle yet elegant.
2) SOUTH AFRICAN - Truly African style
3) AVIANCA - Nice 3D effect

Dislike goes to:
1) TAP - Gosh, it's elementary art work.
2) Adria - Is that also called design?
3) Shenzhen Airline - Is that a jumping deer? hare? or sheep?