Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Global Airline Alliances > Star Alliance
Reload this Page >

Is there an airline that accepts X,N or R fares?

Old Mar 5, 2014, 5:01 am
Original Poster

Programs: A3*S, QR Burgundy, AS, SK, LH

Hi everyone! Been wondering something lately.

As I work in the airline industry, I enjoy the privilege of having discounts on flights operated by a certain airline. As you probably know it, these flights are either booked in X, N or R (I can't remember exactly which one it is but its one of these, you probably know better than me ).

My question is : Is there any way I can credit those miles to an FFP? I know that for most of them it isn't possible and I'm pretty sure that every carrier in *A wouldn't give credit, but still I thought I'd give it a try, as some FFPs rules are unclear about this (Such as ET ShebaMiles).

Thanks!

(I know it sounds like I want to have it all but eh you never know )
Old Mar 5, 2014, 5:13 pm

Programs: AC MM E50 , Former SPG, now Marriott LT Plat
No, for the most part X and I are frequent flyer redemption classes, and R class
is an upgrade to business class.

And you are trying to be too greedy.
Old Mar 6, 2014, 2:43 am

Programs: M&M SEN, Amex Plat, Club Carlson, Marriott, HHonors & Accor Gold, Velocity Silver, Qantas Bronze
Somehow I smell rat or troll here...
Can these two threads
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/star-...n-r-fares.html
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/lufth...discounts.html
be related? They both suggest too much greediness and possible fraud to me...
Old Mar 6, 2014, 10:11 am
Original Poster

Programs: A3*S, QR Burgundy, AS, SK, LH
These 2 threads are not related to each other at all and my question was, apart from being greedy (which I admit), serious, even though it was more from curiosity than real use (it certainly wouldn't earn enough points to do anything with them).

I'm sorry if you find my question offensive, it was certainly not meant to be, and I was certainly not trolling either. Anyway the answer was what I had expected before posting, so thank you for taking the time.

And I certainly did not get into this job only for the sake of earning points on discounted fares (unlike the other thread suggests), I've actually had this job for 3 years and never thought about this before. (Edit : And I am surely NOT trying to fraud anything or anyone)
Old Mar 6, 2014, 12:23 pm

Programs: A3*G - AZ CFP- HH DIA
Your contact point should not be FT, it is your employer, HR department, travel departmernt, where you get/order your discouted tickets. If they don't issue the ticket by themselfes, they can give you the right contacts.

Generally, any ticket with industry or agency discount does not allow all the extra amenities a full paid ticket gives you. There is for sure no mileage accrual with ID/AD tickets, no lounge access (even if holding gold status and lounge access - read the star alliance handbook!), etc. All this rules can be found in the travel regulation from the airlines...

And if I were you, don't even think about to play the game... If the airline finds out that you want to cheat on discounted tickets, it could have been the last time you flew this way...

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.