Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Global Airline Alliances > Star Alliance
Reload this Page >

LAX - TBIT star alliance lounge access

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 3, 2016, 5:29 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: cur
Accessing TBIT *A Lounge from T7/T8 at LAX
Originally Posted by 764toHI
Yes, there is an airside connector between T4 through T8. After T7 security, follow the signs to T6, go past the Alaska Airlines Boardroom/Wolfgang Puck and you'll see escalators down to the connector. From T4 to TBIT, follow signs for Gate 41 (near T4 security). Ideally if you have pre-check, I would clear security in T4 for the Star Alliance lounge.
Plan on at least 15-20 minutes walking each way.

This link can answer 99% of the questions asked here.

http://www.staralliance.com/en/web/staralliance/lounge-finder

No access on UA Domestic First without Star Gold.

Contact number: 310 648 7020
Print Wikipost

LAX - TBIT star alliance lounge access

Search this Thread

Old Oct 27, 2018, 2:03 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by truncated
AFAIK SQ11 is the earliest *A departure out of TBIT? https://www.routesonline.com/news/38...dule-revision/
SQ will have a 9:15 a.m. SIN departure (SQ35) 3 days per week.
Old Oct 27, 2018, 4:58 pm

Programs: DL PM, OZ Diamond Plus, BA Silver
Originally Posted by Kacee
SQ will have a 9:15 a.m. SIN departure (SQ35) 3 days per week.
Ah forgot about that one. But on the 4 other days when SQ35 isn't operating would it not be inconceivable / unreasonable to reason that the *A lounge won't open as early as it does now (given how the earliest *A departure would then be what looks like the 11am CA flight to PEK)?
Old Oct 27, 2018, 7:07 pm

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Ah forgot about that one. But on the 4 other days when SQ35 isn't operating would it not be inconceivable / unreasonable to reason that the *A lounge won't open as early as it does now (given how the earliest *A departure would then be what looks like the 11am CA flight to PEK)?
It's certainly possible, but I hope not.
Old Oct 27, 2018, 9:04 pm

Programs: TK ELPL (*G), AS 100K (OWE), BA Gold (OWE), Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat
I'd be shocked if it opens before 3-4 hours prior to first departure. They're not going to pay to keep the lounge staffed and open before the checkin desks open for the first flight..
Old Nov 13, 2018, 4:39 pm

This question is about TBIT *A lounge use for arriving passengers. I have *A Gold with UA and will be arriving at LAX on a *A international flight. According to UA rules I can use their clubs if I have a *A international boarding pass for the same day. It does not seem to matter whether that international boarding pass is for a past or future flight, so long as it is for the same day, I have done this in the past, ie whereby I would use a United Club upon arrival, no problem.

My question is whether the same applies for the *A lounge at TBIT, ie whether I can use it with a same day *A international boarding pass, even if that flight has already been flown? (I have an onward boarding pass with another carrier so access to TBIT is not an issue, just access to *A lounge.)

Has any one had any experience with this?
Old Nov 13, 2018, 6:01 pm

Programs: UA 1K/MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Something, IHG Gold, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by flyercity
My question is whether the same applies for the *A lounge at TBIT, ie whether I can use it with a same day *A international boarding pass, even if that flight has already been flown?
Presuming your onward flight is with a non-*A carrier, you will not be allowed access the *A Lounge. In order to be able to access a *A lounge other than a United Club using your United Club card you need to have a departing flight from that airport on a *A carrier.

You will be able to access the United Club in T7 using either your arriving boarding pass or your departing boarding pass (regardless of carrier, until November next year when that rule changes)
Old Nov 13, 2018, 6:10 pm

Originally Posted by docbert
Presuming your onward flight is with a non-*A carrier, you will not be allowed access the *A Lounge. In order to be able to access a *A lounge other than a United Club using your United Club card you need to have a departing flight from that airport on a *A carrier.

You will be able to access the United Club in T7 using either your arriving boarding pass or your departing boarding pass (regardless of carrier, until November next year when that rule changes)
Thanks very much for the info. Am departing on OW so will probably trek back to FL in T4 as OW TBIT lounge isn’t that great.

Out of curiosity, what is the change that is coming next year? No more United Club access for arriving passengers?
Old Nov 13, 2018, 9:08 pm

Am departing on OW
You will not have *A lounge access, nor will you have UC access unless (i) you have a UC membership, or (ii) your international arrival is on UA metal.
Old Nov 14, 2018, 8:59 am

Originally Posted by Kacee
You will not have *A lounge access, nor will you have UC access unless (i) you have a UC membership, or (ii) your international arrival is on UA metal.
Thanks for info re: TBIT lounge.

Re: United Club, never had a problem entering upon arrival, even if arriving on non-UA metal. UA rule states:

"A same-day boarding pass showing Star Alliance Gold status, for travel on an international flight operated by a Star Alliance member airline (departure airport can be different from that of the United Club location being entered)"

No mention of whether the same-day boarding pass is for past or future flight, also no mention of same-day boarding pass having to be UA metal.
Old Nov 14, 2018, 8:40 pm

Re: United Club, never had a problem entering upon arrival, even if arriving on non-UA metal. UA rule states:

"A same-day boarding pass showing Star Alliance Gold status, for travel on an international flight operated by a Star Alliance member airline (departure airport can be different from that of the United Club location being entered)"

No mention of whether the same-day boarding pass is for past or future flight, also no mention of same-day boarding pass having to be UA metal.
Good point. Only applies if you are UA Gold. Non-UA *G only gets access with a *A departure from that airport.
Old Nov 16, 2018, 1:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT,AS,UA PP,J6,FB,EY,LH,SQ,HH Dmd,Hyatt Glbl,Marriott Plat,IHG Plat,Accor Gold
Exclamation For quick reply if possible re TBIT star alliance lounge access

My wife and I arrive from SIN on SQ F award tix at LAX early this Sunday morning. (Just carry-on bags, and we have Fast Track FWIW.) Because I booked them using SQ miles, I used my SQ Krisflyer (non-elite status) number and didn't use my United Mileage Plus Star Gold number. We depart for SFO a few hours later on a separate ticket on Alaska Airlines (in T6). A few questions re the TBIT star alliance lounge access:

1. Since we are not departing LAX on a Star Alliance flight, and since I forgot to bring my UA Mileage Plus card indicating my Star Gold status, am I correct in assuming that we will not have the TBIT Star Alliance lounge access?
2. I just found previously unavailable UA F award availability for LAX-SFO later that morning. If SQ is able to add that to our tickets, would that get us the lounge access by virtue of the onward UA flights? (I know that would involve not using our Alaska tix, but that's a pretty cheap sunk cost.)
3. If we can get the TBIT lounge access, am I correct in assuming that the best way, after exiting security and customs upon arrival, is to go to T4 rather than TBIT because the lines will likely be shorter, then get back to TBIT once past security?

Sorry if this has been asked and answered before, I did a quick search and am in transit, so couldn't search more fully. Thanks for any help.

Last edited by Thunderroad; Nov 16, 2018 at 1:28 am
Old Nov 16, 2018, 1:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, DL Silver, UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Platinum + LT Gold
Originally Posted by Thunderroad
My wife and I arrive from SIN on SQ F award tix at LAX early this Sunday morning. (Just carry-on bags, and we have Fast Track FWIW.) Because I booked them using SQ miles, I used my SQ Krisflyer (non-elite status) number and didn't use my United Mileage Plus Star Gold number. We depart for SFO a few hours later on a separate ticket on Alaska Airlines (in T6). A few questions re the TBIT star alliance lounge access:

1. Since we are not departing LAX on a Star Alliance flight, and since I forgot to bring my UA Mileage Plus card indicating my Star Gold status, am I correct in assuming that we will not have the TBIT Star Alliance lounge access?
2. I just found previously unavailable UA F award availability for LAX-SFO later that morning. If SQ is able to add that to our tickets, would that get us the lounge access by virtue of the onward UA flights? (I know that would involve not using our Alaska tix, but that's a pretty cheap sunk cost.)
3. If we can get the TBIT lounge access, am I correct in assuming that the best way, after exiting security and customs upon arrival, is to go to T4 rather than TBIT because the lines will likely be shorter, then get back to TBIT once past security?

Sorry if this has been asked and answered before, I did a quick search and am in transit, so couldn't search more fully. Thanks for any help.
1) correct. Also, your UA *G does not provide *A lounge access on UA domestic flights (e.g. LAX to SFO)

2) See #1 . Also, even if you are able to, the cost of a new/add on ticket is not worth it just for access to the *A lounge (given you already have an onward ticket to SFO.

3) No. Getting back to TBIT following arrival you can use the re-check security section after CBP.

​​​​​​
Old Nov 16, 2018, 2:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT,AS,UA PP,J6,FB,EY,LH,SQ,HH Dmd,Hyatt Glbl,Marriott Plat,IHG Plat,Accor Gold

Originally Posted by Repooc17
1) correct. Also, your UA *G does not provide *A lounge access on UA domestic flights (e.g. LAX to SFO)

2) See #1 . Also, even if you are able to, the cost of a new/add on ticket is not worth it just for access to the *A lounge (given you already have an onward ticket to SFO.

3) No. Getting back to TBIT following arrival you can use the re-check security section after CBP.

​​​​​​
Thanks for this very quick and useful reply. I'm a bit confused, though. If I'm on an onward domestic ticket as part of an international premium class ticket and/or with Star Gold status, wouldn't that get me lounge access?

Also, sorry, what is CBP?
Old Nov 16, 2018, 2:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, DL Silver, UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Platinum + LT Gold
Thanks for this very quick and useful reply. I'm a bit confused, though. If I'm on an onward domestic ticket as part of an international premium class ticket and/or with Star Gold status, wouldn't that get me lounge access?

Also, sorry, what is CBP?
UA *G has access to *A lounge on departing international flights, not domestic.

​​​​​​CBP = US Customs and Border Protection
Old Nov 16, 2018, 2:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Repooc17
UA *G has access to *A lounge on departing international flights, not domestic.

​​​​​​CBP = US Customs and Border Protection
Ah, I see. Thanks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.