Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Global Airline Alliances > Star Alliance
Reload this Page >

LAX - TBIT star alliance lounge access

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 3, 2016, 5:29 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: cur
Accessing TBIT *A Lounge from T7/T8 at LAX
Originally Posted by 764toHI
Yes, there is an airside connector between T4 through T8. After T7 security, follow the signs to T6, go past the Alaska Airlines Boardroom/Wolfgang Puck and you'll see escalators down to the connector. From T4 to TBIT, follow signs for Gate 41 (near T4 security). Ideally if you have pre-check, I would clear security in T4 for the Star Alliance lounge.
Plan on at least 15-20 minutes walking each way.

This link can answer 99% of the questions asked here.

http://www.staralliance.com/en/web/staralliance/lounge-finder

No access on UA Domestic First without Star Gold.

Contact number: 310 648 7020
Print Wikipost

LAX - TBIT star alliance lounge access

Search this Thread

Old Jul 17, 2018, 8:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
Well it has been voted more than the oneworld lounge operated by Qantas.
Old Jul 27, 2018, 11:48 am

Programs: Mileage Plus 1K; Marriott Platinum; Hilton Gold
I made the trek between TBIT and T8 to use the *A lounge yesterday morning on a stopover from Sydney, connecting up to Vancouver. A few points of information:

The lounge opens at 7 am, meaning that connecting pax on United's early morning arrivals from SYD and MEL have a bit of time to kill between clearing US customs and the lounge's opening. I went to the Air Canada lounge in T6 for a cup of tea before heading back to TBIT.

Shortly after 7 am, there was no attendant in evidence in the lounge's shower suites. After pressing the call button a couple of times with no results, I showed myself into one of the (totally) unoccupied shower suites, and cleaned up. Everything was clean and stocked, and no one hassled me during or after my shower.

The wifi doesn't work out on the otherwise beautiful balcony overlooking TBIT's main concourse.
I can see why this lounge won best alliance lounge in the world. It's a great place to hang out after an early morning arrival from the antipodes.
Old Jul 27, 2018, 5:00 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by transportprof
Shortly after 7 am, there was no attendant in evidence in the lounge's shower suites. After pressing the call button a couple of times with no results, I showed myself into one of the (totally) unoccupied shower suites, and cleaned up. Everything was clean and stocked, and no one hassled me during or after my shower.
They don't have shower attendants. Pick any open shower room.
Old Jul 27, 2018, 7:43 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus 1K; Marriott Platinum; Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Kacee
So I discovered yesterday!
But the week before, on the outbound around 8 pm, when I came in for a shower prior to my flight to Melbourne, there was somebody working to manage the waiting list for showers. Perhaps the term attendant is a misnomer, but at peak times there is someone in the foyer taking names, etc.
Old Jul 27, 2018, 8:06 pm

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by transportprof
So I discovered yesterday!
But the week before, on the outbound around 8 pm, when I came in for a shower prior to my flight to Melbourne, there was somebody working to manage the waiting list for showers. Perhaps the term attendant is a misnomer, but at peak times there is someone in the foyer taking names, etc.
Now that you mention it, I vaguely recall someone taking my name several years ago . . . .

It is a great lounge, well worth the walk from T7 if you have the time IMO.
Old Jul 27, 2018, 10:30 pm

Programs: UA 1K/MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Something, IHG Gold, Hertz PC, Avis PC
They definitely have attendants - or at least they have on the few occasions I've used the showers, although none of those would have been before about 5pm. Maybe it's different in the morning, but I doubt it as obviously someone has to clean/restock the showers between each guest.

They also have buzzers, which they will give you if there are no showers available at the time.
Old Jul 30, 2018, 12:33 pm

Programs: UA MM, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz #1 Gold
Non Travelers in Lounge?

Sorry if this was already asked -- couldn't find it in search. Is there a way to get non-traveling guests past security at TBIT and into the *A lounge?

On Wed, I am connecting from SFO on UA and heading to ZRH on LX in business. I have a 2 hour layover and have a meeting with potential business partner -- would be great to do it in the lounge, vs having to go out of security. As a *G, I can bring a guest, but it sounds like she would need a *A boarding pass?

How do/did lounges who have rental meeting rooms deal with this? Gate pass?

Thanks!!
1Konsultant
Old Jul 31, 2018, 11:00 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond (*G), KQ Asante Gold (ST+), Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by 1Konsultant
Sorry if this was already asked -- couldn't find it in search. Is there a way to get non-traveling guests past security at TBIT and into the *A lounge?

On Wed, I am connecting from SFO on UA and heading to ZRH on LX in business. I have a 2 hour layover and have a meeting with potential business partner -- would be great to do it in the lounge, vs having to go out of security. As a *G, I can bring a guest, but it sounds like she would need a *A boarding pass?

How do/did lounges who have rental meeting rooms deal with this? Gate pass?

Thanks!!
1Konsultant
Won't be able to do that. But you could book said partner a refundable ticket, or some dirt cheap $49 LAX-LAS/SAN o/w on United and that will be good enough.
Old Aug 22, 2018, 6:28 am

Originally Posted by flyer05
Hi guys,

Got a long layover in LAX, coming in on OZ F at TBIT, leaving on AC J at T6. As I understand it, I can clear immigration, re-clear security at TBIT, go to the *G lounge, and then take the long hallway to T6 before my flight, correct? My other question is, given that I am arriving on OZ F, can I access the First Class section of the Star Alliance lounge?
Originally Posted by thejaredhuang
Yes on walking to T6. YMMV on F as they look at your departing flight. FWIW I heard the food is very similar.
OK, I'm clear on this. However, I now find myself having to check bags for this journey, which would have to be picked up at LAX. Am I correct in understanding that there's no way to re-check these bags for my AC J flight at TBIT? And that I'd need to walk to T6 landside to re-check the bags, then re-clear security, then walk back to TBIT if I want to use the lounge, then walk back to T6 to board my flight?

Thanks for your help in advance on this small detail. Cheers
Old Aug 22, 2018, 9:44 am

Programs: UA 1K/MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Something, IHG Gold, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by flyer05
OK, I'm clear on this. However, I now find myself having to check bags for this journey, which would have to be picked up at LAX. Am I correct in understanding that there's no way to re-check these bags for my AC J flight at TBIT?
If your bags have been tagged all the way through you can re-drop them at TBIT. If OZ didn't tag them all the way through then you'll need to lug them over to AC, drop them, and walk back to TBIT to access the lounge.
Old Oct 25, 2018, 8:15 pm

For a long time it was difficult to see what the actual opening hours of the *Alliance Lounge in TBIT.
Currently the advertised hours are 7.00am to 1.00am (with a caveat that the hours are subject to seasonal changes).
Does anyone know if the hours are likely to change once the SIA non-stop between LAX & SIN starts on November 02 ?
Old Oct 25, 2018, 9:20 pm

Originally Posted by Aspen
Currently the advertised hours are 7.00am to 1.00am (with a caveat that the hours are subject to seasonal changes). Does anyone know if the hours are likely to change once the SIA non-stop between LAX & SIN starts on November 02 ?
Why would a 10:25 pm LAX departure affect current lounge hours?
Old Oct 26, 2018, 5:23 pm

I did not know if the new non-stop flight LAX-SIN would change (or remove) the current schedule of any of the SIA flights (dep LAX).
The first SQ flight is around 9.30 or 10am via NRT - I think this changes with US Day Light Saving finishing, making it an hour earlier departure from LAX which, IIRC, was the reason the opening hours moved to 7.00am a couple of years ago when previously the * Alliance lounge did not open until ~9.00am.
Old Oct 26, 2018, 6:10 pm

Currently the advertised hours are 7.00am to 1.00am (with a caveat that the hours are subject to seasonal changes).
When I asked about a month ago they said they were open from 6am. A week or so later they were open by about 6:30am when I got there, although they showers were unmanned (they told me at the lounge entrance to "just use any one"), and when I entered there was no food available although it was there by the time I got out of the showers a bit before 7am.

US daylight savings ends in a bit over a week, which normally leads to flight time changes and thus potentially lounge hours changes.
Old Oct 27, 2018, 9:35 am

Programs: DL PM, OZ Diamond Plus, BA Silver
Because with the launch of the non-stop SQ11 LAX-NRT-SIN is going from a 9/10am departure to a 3pm one (Since SQ7/8 is cancelled and SQ11 uses the frame inbound from ICN), and AFAIK SQ11 is the earliest *A departure out of TBIT? https://www.routesonline.com/news/38...dule-revision/

I did not know if the new non-stop flight LAX-SIN would change (or remove) the current schedule of any of the SIA flights (dep LAX).
The first SQ flight is around 9.30 or 10am via NRT - I think this changes with US Day Light Saving finishing, making it an hour earlier departure from LAX which, IIRC, was the reason the opening hours moved to 7.00am a couple of years ago when previously the * Alliance lounge did not open until ~9.00am.
This.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.