Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Global Airline Alliances > Star Alliance
Reload this Page >

LAX - TBIT star alliance lounge access

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 3, 2016, 5:29 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: cur
Accessing TBIT *A Lounge from T7/T8 at LAX
Originally Posted by 764toHI
Yes, there is an airside connector between T4 through T8. After T7 security, follow the signs to T6, go past the Alaska Airlines Boardroom/Wolfgang Puck and you'll see escalators down to the connector. From T4 to TBIT, follow signs for Gate 41 (near T4 security). Ideally if you have pre-check, I would clear security in T4 for the Star Alliance lounge.
Plan on at least 15-20 minutes walking each way.

This link can answer 99% of the questions asked here.

http://www.staralliance.com/en/web/staralliance/lounge-finder

No access on UA Domestic First without Star Gold.

Contact number: 310 648 7020
Print Wikipost

LAX - TBIT star alliance lounge access

Search this Thread

Old Jan 7, 2015, 10:24 pm
QBK

Programs: UA 1K-MM + UC, Marriott Plat, National Exec
No new information here, really, but I thought I'd contribute another data point. I'm flying LAX-SYD on United, had a 3-hour layover (came in on WN... there's a story there...), and figured I'd try the TBIT lounge. I think it took me about 25 minutes from the Terminal 7 ticket counters to the lounge, but security was a bit of a zoo in TBIT. Probably about 12 minutes walking and 13 minutes clearing security and finding the lounge. I'm sitting there now.

BP scanners didn't even blink at my UA mobile boarding pass. No trouble, no questions, no nothing. The lounge staff were a little confused, but didn't make any trouble.

It's definitely worth the hike if you have time, IMHO. The lounge isn't revolutionary, but it's up to international standards -- roughly comparable to NH in NRT or a LH SEN lounge anywhere. Showers are fully functional, and look pretty similar to the LH showers at IAD (lower water pressure, but without LH's signature fluctuating water temperature). All in all, it's improved my outlook on the 15-hour flight to SYD.
Old Jan 10, 2015, 10:06 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond/*G, IHG Diamond Amb, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by WaxComb
The Air Canada lounge is dinky. I don't see the difference between it and the UA lounge in T7 (other than being much smaller and less crowded).

I'd try the NZ lounge since it's next door to the AC lounge (at least the last time I flew AC back in July.)
I thought the NZ lounge closed in October 2014.
Old Jan 10, 2015, 11:34 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Originally Posted by 1353513636
I thought the NZ lounge closed in October 2014.
Yes NZ lounge in LAX T2 is closed now that NZ uses TBIT.
Old Jan 11, 2015, 3:32 am

Programs: Velocity Gold, AIRNZ Elite, Qantas Silver ,Hilton Diamond
Lax Tbit not a airnz lounge

Originally Posted by Kiwi Flyer
That is because LAX TBIT lounge isn't considered an NZ lounge despite being run by them.
So an Airnz elite can no longer take up to 5 guests in ?
It's reduced to just 1 ?
Old Jan 11, 2015, 3:46 am

yes, the standard *A limit
Old Jan 11, 2015, 8:03 am
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Originally Posted by Beano
So an Airnz elite can no longer take up to 5 guests in ?
It's reduced to just 1 ?
Right. That benefit is limited to NZ lounges, and LAX no longer has one.
Old Jan 18, 2015, 1:50 am

Programs: AS MVP 100K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Lifetime Titanium Elite, UA 1MM,
Originally Posted by docbert

The biggest problem is actually getting out of the terminal - it's not at all obvious where to go, which makes sense given that very few people other than workers would actually walk out! Eventually a look at the map and a bit of a guess got me in the right direction.
I went to check this lounge out last month, had 4 hours in LAX before my LAX-MEL flight so plenty of time. I cannot ditto this comment above enough. It actually took me a while to figure out how to get out. Not sure if I did it right, but I ended up in an elevator by some huge glass windows at the front, down a long corridor that seemed like it was employees only, and when I crossed through a door, I was by the security checkpoint. I wish I could tell you how I got out, but it may have been luck.

Getting in took a while, the security lines move slow with lots of international travelers. There are TSA Pre Check signs, but the officer I spoke with said they havent had it open as far as he can remember.

The lounge itself was nice. The Pho bar was the best part. The food layout was okay. Sandwiches, salad, cheese/crackers that I didnt try. The actual bar was very nice and had a agreat selection. The outdoor patio was awesome, and it was at night so the fireplaces added to the ambiance.

I normall fly in/out of T7/T8 and so I estimate with the walk (20min) and security (10-15min), and getting that in reverse on the way back, I would only do it if I had 2 hours as a minimum on the ground there in LAX.
Old Mar 3, 2015, 4:04 pm

Programs: UA, AA, AS, Marriott Platinum Elite, Hilton Diamond
So I know both Etihad and Virgin Australia uses the Star Alliance Lounge in LAX for their premium and elite passengers. However, with the Etihad/Virgin Australia partnership, what happens in this scenario?

Say I have no status with VA, but I am flying VA in economy from LAX-SYD. I also have Etihad Guest Gold status. Would I have access to the Star Alliance Lounge in this case?

Thanks.
Old Mar 3, 2015, 4:38 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond/*G, IHG Diamond Amb, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by glu800
So I know both Etihad and Virgin Australia uses the Star Alliance Lounge in LAX for their premium and elite passengers. However, with the Etihad/Virgin Australia partnership, what happens in this scenario?

Say I have no status with VA, but I am flying VA in economy from LAX-SYD. I also have Etihad Guest Gold status. Would I have access to the Star Alliance Lounge in this case?

Thanks.
I don't believe so but you can ask at check-in for an invite. Without one, you will not get in.
Old Mar 4, 2015, 9:24 am

Programs: UA MP, NW WP, AA
Originally Posted by JC5280
The Pho bar was the best part.
Does anyone know the hours for the Pho bar?
Old Mar 5, 2015, 8:09 am

Programs: UA/*A Gold, Global Entry, Marriott Plat, Hilton+IHG Gold, Hertz PC, DL
on an entirely domestic routing last week BOS-LAX-CLD on UA. had no issues getting access (*G). be aware that there's no tsa pre in TBIT.

it's a world-class lounge, and i'll look to pad connections in LAX in the future. pho bar was not open between 10am and noon.

to exit TBIT, walk through the duty free facade to your left as you exit the elevator from the lounge. "exit to ticketing" signs are posted.
Old Mar 6, 2015, 9:41 am

Programs: UA MP, NW WP, AA
Originally Posted by riphamilton
pho bar was not open between 10am and noon.
Thanks for the info. Too bad my flight next week departs at noon.
Old Mar 6, 2015, 10:41 am

Programs: UA Gold, TK Elite, HH Gold, Hyatt Gold, SW Preferred, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Etihad Gold Elite
Etihad Gold access on VA2

Originally Posted by glu800

Thanks.
I called etihad and virgin australia- each of them confirmed that flying VA with Etihad FF # on ticket, they will give you a guest pass for access to Star Alliance lounge LAX at check-in. *That is bc of having Gold status or above on Etihad*

I can confirm in May after my trip also

Last edited by KGDIII; Mar 6, 2015 at 10:50 am Reason: Forgot to clarify status req.
Old Mar 9, 2015, 3:16 pm

Programs: UA Gold, TK Elite, HH Gold, Hyatt Gold, SW Preferred, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Etihad Gold Elite
Access *A TBIT

I havent gotten anyone with first hand experience to confirm access at TBIT when traveling economy VA with Etihad status. Still getting mixed information from the airlines and their websites.

BUT i have read on a site that to access star alliance lounge, you need to be on a flight within the next 24 hrs. I am flying LAX-SYD on VA, BUT my SYD-CHC is on NZ. Do you think if they deny my entry for Etihad with VA, that they would allow my entrance with either my United Club Card OR my United/*A Gold status based on the NZ flight? Or is that only valid on flight leaving from that airport on star alliance?

Seems to be conflicting info here.

Im basically just dying to check out the lounge and was going to book UA for LAX-SYD but the increased cost just wasn't worth it. Now Im kicking myself thinking i might have to just hang in the airport for 5 hours between flights... I guess in a worse case I could go to T6/7 and use the actual UA clubs but what is the fun in that. (or ask people walking into the club for access!) I do have ethics so i wont be purchasing a full refundable fare

Thoughts? Ideas? THANKS!
Old Mar 10, 2015, 12:03 am
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Originally Posted by KGDIII
BUT i have read on a site that to access star alliance lounge, you need to be on a flight within the next 24 hrs. I am flying LAX-SYD on VA, BUT my SYD-CHC is on NZ. Do you think if they deny my entry for Etihad with VA, that they would allow my entrance with either my United Club Card OR my United/*A Gold status based on the NZ flight? Or is that only valid on flight leaving from that airport on star alliance?
For *G access you need to be flying *A same day from the same airport - so no help when you depart LAX on VA.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.