Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Global Airline Alliances > Star Alliance
Reload this Page >

LAX - TBIT star alliance lounge access

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 3, 2016, 5:29 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: cur
Accessing TBIT *A Lounge from T7/T8 at LAX
Originally Posted by 764toHI
Yes, there is an airside connector between T4 through T8. After T7 security, follow the signs to T6, go past the Alaska Airlines Boardroom/Wolfgang Puck and you'll see escalators down to the connector. From T4 to TBIT, follow signs for Gate 41 (near T4 security). Ideally if you have pre-check, I would clear security in T4 for the Star Alliance lounge.
Plan on at least 15-20 minutes walking each way.

This link can answer 99% of the questions asked here.

http://www.staralliance.com/en/web/staralliance/lounge-finder

No access on UA Domestic First without Star Gold.

Contact number: 310 648 7020
Print Wikipost

LAX - TBIT star alliance lounge access

Search this Thread

Old Feb 3, 2019, 11:37 am
m.y

Programs: AC 75k, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by kimmam
To conclude, there’s actually no clear answer to this. Per the lounge finder I would be entitled to access the *A lounge, as I’m traveling in business class. However, I’m in the “wrong” kind of business class and would technically not have access after all?

I guess I’ll just have to try my luck when I’m there.

Thanks for the input, guys. Much appreciated
Answer is very clear.

Star alliance Gold in any class, domestic or international: Access (I've accessed the lounge as Gold on domestic fight)
No Star alliance gold + Business/First class international: Access
No Star alliance gold + Business/First class Domestic: No Access (I've been denied access for first class domestic flight)
kimmam and cuthroat like this.
Old Feb 5, 2019, 6:29 pm

Programs: UA
I was there last week and the food options have improved since my last visit 3 months ago. There were 3 hot protein choices: coconut chicken curry, beef stew, and a pork dish that was quite tasty. Keep it up NZ.
Old Feb 5, 2019, 8:24 pm

Programs: UA 1K/MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Something, IHG Gold, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by m.y
Answer is very clear.

No Star alliance gold + Business/First class Domestic: No Access (I've been denied access for first class domestic flight)
I don't believe it is clear. The Star Alliance lounge finder confirms First doesn't get access (matching your experience), but states domestic Business Class does. Domestic Business Class also gets United Club access where domestic First does not.

I don't think it'll be clear until someone without *G status, flying domestic business class (ie, LAX-EWR), is either allowed in or refused access.
Old Feb 9, 2019, 6:53 pm
m.y

Programs: AC 75k, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by docbert
I don't believe it is clear. The Star Alliance lounge finder confirms First doesn't get access (matching your experience), but states domestic Business Class does. Domestic Business Class also gets United Club access where domestic First does not.

I don't think it'll be clear until someone without *G status, flying domestic business class (ie, LAX-EWR), is either allowed in or refused access.
I was on LAX-EWR P.S, which is suppose to be the Domestic Business.
Old Apr 12, 2019, 2:34 pm

About to experience the *A lounge at TBIT for the first time in a few weeks. (business class LAX-VIE on OS). It's on level 6...are the elevators right after security?

Also, is the TSA Pre finally up and running at TBIT? Thanks, it's been a while for me at that terminal.
Old Apr 12, 2019, 3:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
@cheaptom If you use normal TBIT security, there is a short hall to the left of where you come out - there are elevators; you may be able to take one of these to the *A level, where you would exit and head to your left.

However, you can also proceed to the main central departures hall and walk 60+ yards down to the right - you will see escalators and elevators that will take you up to the lounge entrance. This may provide a better experience.

After cheking in with OS at TBIT, you can head out and use pre-check at T4 if you desire and walk around using the airside connector which brings you out one or two levels above that of the *A lounge.
Old Apr 12, 2019, 4:37 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by cheaptom
Also, is the TSA Pre finally up and running at TBIT?
Yes. There's no need to go to T4.

You will also have Polaris lounge access . . . I'd consider entering at T7 for PL, then making the walk airside to TBIT closer to departure. That's what I did for recent NH departure.
Old Apr 12, 2019, 5:14 pm

Originally Posted by Kacee
Yes. There's no need to go to T4.

You will also have Polaris lounge access . . . I'd consider entering at T7 for PL, then making the walk airside to TBIT closer to departure. That's what I did for recent NH departure.
Interesting, thank you. We'll have no luggage to check, and pre-printed boarding passes, so no real reason to check in with OS in TBIT. That could work.

We'll be arriving by uber or taxi, and if the traffic around the horseshoe is jammed, then taking the shortcut across to T7 could be beneficial...if i can talk my wife into that walk T7-TBIT
Old May 10, 2019, 2:38 pm

Programs: UA 2MM
If you are connecting from LH Business to UA domestic in LAX are you eligible for lounge access?
Old May 22, 2019, 8:52 am

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by N104UA
If you are connecting from LH Business to UA domestic in LAX are you eligible for lounge access?
Actually no (adjusted)
https://www.staralliance.com/en/lounge-access-policy

Last edited by doug_999; May 24, 2019 at 8:09 am Reason: was way wrong :)
Old May 22, 2019, 7:23 pm

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Are you *G?
Old May 23, 2019, 7:45 am

Programs: UA 2MM
Originally Posted by Kacee
Are you *G?
No, but arriving into LAX in LH C and connecting to UA in C
Old May 23, 2019, 10:21 am

Programs: Costco Executive, RaceTrac Sultan of Soda, Chick-fil-A Red
Then there is no access.
Old May 23, 2019, 8:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by miamiflyer8
Then there is no access.
The OP would have access to the United Club if he presents his LH boarding pass to the lounge dragon at the entrance.
Old May 23, 2019, 10:13 pm

Originally Posted by ISTFlyer
The OP would have access to the United Club if he presents his LH boarding pass to the lounge dragon at the entrance.
That's not correct. There is no access based on the LH arrival nor does domestic F grant access.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.