Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Global Airline Alliances > Star Alliance
Reload this Page >

LAX - TBIT star alliance lounge access

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 3, 2016, 5:29 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: cur
Accessing TBIT *A Lounge from T7/T8 at LAX
Originally Posted by 764toHI
Yes, there is an airside connector between T4 through T8. After T7 security, follow the signs to T6, go past the Alaska Airlines Boardroom/Wolfgang Puck and you'll see escalators down to the connector. From T4 to TBIT, follow signs for Gate 41 (near T4 security). Ideally if you have pre-check, I would clear security in T4 for the Star Alliance lounge.
Plan on at least 15-20 minutes walking each way.

This link can answer 99% of the questions asked here.

http://www.staralliance.com/en/web/staralliance/lounge-finder

No access on UA Domestic First without Star Gold.

Contact number: 310 648 7020
Print Wikipost

LAX - TBIT star alliance lounge access

Search this Thread

Old Jan 14, 2018, 11:17 pm

Programs: UA 1K/MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Something, IHG Gold, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by DCA writer
I had to stop and check my bearings a couple of times Thursday night--and the air conditioning not doing too much in the tunnel between T6 and T5 further discouraged me from booking it over from gate 71A to TBIT--so my one-way time was more like 20 minutes. Still worth the schlep, obvs.
When making the trip again last Friday evening I realized that my previous 15 minutes had been without luggage (just a shoulder bag). This time, with a roller-board and going from gate 81, took maybe a shade over 20 minutes.

The lounge was probably the busiest I've ever seen it. Almost every seat inside was taken, and even on the outside section the vast majority of seats were taken by the time I left around 10:30pm.
Old Jan 19, 2018, 9:10 pm
S.R

Programs: EK Platinum, AA EXP, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
So as a *G (UA 1K) flying domestic LAX-IAH I will have access to this lounge?

If so, I have a 4.5 hour connection later this month, so debating whether its worth the roundtrip walk to TBIT and back. I land in LAX around 8:30pm, depart at 1am. It would be nice to be able to shower and spend time in a nicer lounge then the UC which is getting boring, even though it is still pretty nice.
So, is it worth it to visit the star lounge in TBIT?
Old Jan 19, 2018, 9:59 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by S.R
So, is it worth it to visit the star lounge in TBIT?
Yes. Any lay over more than 2 hours it's worth it IMO.
Old Feb 10, 2018, 5:17 pm
S.R

Programs: EK Platinum, AA EXP, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
A bit confused with the guest policy. For example, say I'm flying LAX-IAH UA F as a *G. Can I bring a guest on the same flight, but on a separate reservation, who has no star alliance status into the lounge with me? Thanks!
Old Feb 10, 2018, 7:00 pm

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by S.R
For example, say I'm flying LAX-IAH UA F as a *G. Can I bring a guest on the same flight, but on a separate reservation, who has no star alliance status into the lounge with me? Thanks!
As a *G, yes.

Domestic F doesn't matter.
S.R and zeer0 like this.
Old Feb 17, 2018, 2:23 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus 1K; Marriott Platinum; Hilton Gold
I've booked a connection on UA from Australia to Vancouver through LAX in July. The Star Alliance lounge info contains some weasel wording about the lounge hours being subject to "winter/summer airline schedules". Anybody know whether the lounge will be open around 7 a.m. in July?
Old Feb 17, 2018, 3:43 pm

Originally Posted by transportprof
I've booked a connection on UA from Australia to Vancouver through LAX in July. The Star Alliance lounge info contains some weasel wording about the lounge hours being subject to "winter/summer airline schedules". Anybody know whether the lounge will be open around 7 a.m. in July?
They started opening earlier for the SQ 9 am flight to NRT, which moves to 10 am in the summer. Not sure how that impacts the lounge, but suspect it may move the opening back an hour.
Old Feb 17, 2018, 4:18 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus 1K; Marriott Platinum; Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Kacee
They started opening earlier for the SQ 9 am flight to NRT, which moves to 10 am in the summer. Not sure how that impacts the lounge, but suspect it may move the opening back an hour.
So would that mean 7 a.m. lounge opening instead of 6 a.m.?
Old Feb 17, 2018, 6:24 pm

Originally Posted by transportprof
So would that mean 7 a.m. lounge opening instead of 6 a.m.?
That's the part I'm not sure of. I seem to recall it being open prior to 7 am in the winter, which would suggest yes, but that was Dec. 2016.
Old May 11, 2018, 8:48 pm

Hello,

I'm flying MEL-LAX-EWR on UA, with *G status. I have 3:30 stopover in LAX, landing in TBIT and departing from T7. What's my best option to have a shower? Can I access the star alliance lounge in TBIT, and is so would I need to do it on arrival before clearing customs?
Old May 11, 2018, 9:07 pm

Originally Posted by Romain_
Can I access the star alliance lounge in TBIT
Yes *G will get you in.

would I need to do it on arrival before clearing customs?
No that's not possible. You'll need to clear immigration then reclear security.
Old May 12, 2018, 1:44 am

Originally Posted by Kacee
No that's not possible. You'll need to clear immigration then reclear security.
OK, I was assuming the lounge is in the international area (i.e. after immigration if you're flying out). But if I understand well, first I clear immigration (to get in the country), then security, all in TBIT, then go to the lounge. And after that do I just have to walk airside to T7 before boarding without any additional security? If yes, that sounds great.
Old May 12, 2018, 8:23 am

Programs: DL PM, OZ Diamond Plus, BA Silver
OK, I was assuming the lounge is in the international area (i.e. after immigration if you're flying out). But if I understand well, first I clear immigration (to get in the country), then security, all in TBIT, then go to the lounge. And after that do I just have to walk airside to T7 before boarding without any additional security? If yes, that sounds great.
That's right — you clear immigration and customs and then security to get back airside at TBIT. And yes TBIT and T4-8 are all connected airside beyond security so there's no need to reclear TSA to get to T7. However it's a long-ish walk from TBIT to T7 so leave yourself about 20 minutes to get there (if not more).
Old May 12, 2018, 2:53 pm

OK, I was assuming the lounge is in the international area (i.e. after immigration if you're flying out).
There is no way to do that at any US airport. You offload into a secure passageway and are funneled to immigration (passport control), then customs, then exit landside.

But yes, as already noted, once you're back airside, you can go from TBIT all the way to T7. I made the walk in 15 minutes last week (I walk fast).
Old May 13, 2018, 12:19 am

Awesome, thank you both.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.