Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Global Airline Alliances > Star Alliance
Reload this Page >

LAX - TBIT star alliance lounge access

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 3, 2016, 5:29 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: cur
Accessing TBIT *A Lounge from T7/T8 at LAX
Originally Posted by 764toHI
Yes, there is an airside connector between T4 through T8. After T7 security, follow the signs to T6, go past the Alaska Airlines Boardroom/Wolfgang Puck and you'll see escalators down to the connector. From T4 to TBIT, follow signs for Gate 41 (near T4 security). Ideally if you have pre-check, I would clear security in T4 for the Star Alliance lounge.
Plan on at least 15-20 minutes walking each way.

This link can answer 99% of the questions asked here.

http://www.staralliance.com/en/web/staralliance/lounge-finder

No access on UA Domestic First without Star Gold.

Contact number: 310 648 7020
Print Wikipost

LAX - TBIT star alliance lounge access

Search this Thread

Old Dec 1, 2017, 1:33 pm

Kacee and Jared, thank you so much for your input! Greatly appreciated. Looking forward to the trip (and the lounge) and reporting back.
Old Dec 5, 2017, 9:50 am

How strict are the guest regulations?

Hi all, first time poster (let's see how many mistakes I can make). I will be traveling LAX-NRT on Singapore Airlines in Business class with my wife. My daughter and a friend of hers will be traveling with us on the same flight, but in Economy. I know the rules state no guests for Business class, but how strict are they for the *A lounge at TBIT? That is, if I found a friendly agent at the entrance and asked nicely is there any chance of getting my daughter + friend in to the *A lounge? Or is that just a waste of time?
Old Dec 5, 2017, 12:23 pm

Programs: UA
Originally Posted by cyphersd
Hi all, first time poster (let's see how many mistakes I can make). I will be traveling LAX-NRT on Singapore Airlines in Business class with my wife. My daughter and a friend of hers will be traveling with us on the same flight, but in Economy. I know the rules state no guests for Business class, but how strict are they for the *A lounge at TBIT? That is, if I found a friendly agent at the entrance and asked nicely is there any chance of getting my daughter + friend in to the *A lounge? Or is that just a waste of time?
From my experience they're pretty strict about guesting policies, you may want to post in one of the lounge meetup threads in this section or the UA section to see if someone is traveling on the same day as you and would be willing/able to guest 2.
Old Dec 11, 2017, 1:53 pm

Thanks for the reply! I can just let them roam the terminals, begging food off passersby. How much trouble can two 18 year olds possibly get in to? But I will try and see if I can get them in, and report back here.
Old Dec 12, 2017, 3:53 am

Programs: OZ Diamond (*G), KQ Asante Gold (ST+), Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, Marriott Gold
Waste of time. Do any of you have any sort of status?
Old Dec 15, 2017, 8:20 am

No, nothing on *A. Some OneWorld, but not enough to matter even if it was the right program.
Old Dec 16, 2017, 2:47 am

Programs: OZ Diamond (*G), KQ Asante Gold (ST+), Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, Marriott Gold
No, nothing on *A. Some OneWorld, but not enough to matter even if it was the right program.
There's a half decent alternative I can think of. You guys can all go to the United Club in Terminal 7. You 2 will get in through flying J, and they can either buy passes on the United app for $59 each, or just get a couple cheap passes on eBay (I've done this before and it works fine). The walk from TBIT to T7 is about 15 minutes o/w I believe, as the terminals are now connected airside. This United club is brand new, and actually really nice except for the food and beverage options. But it's a good place to hang out.
Old Dec 16, 2017, 4:56 pm

Aha! Very interesting suggestion, thanks!
Old Dec 16, 2017, 9:38 pm

Programs: UA 1K/MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Something, IHG Gold, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by zeer0
You guys can all go to the United Club in Terminal 7.
The T7 UC is nice, but it's not nice enough to make 4 people walk over 30 mins (return) via a track that's easy to get lost on, pay $120, and give up access to the TBIT lounge for 2 of those people. Giving the two 18 year old the $120 cash, then heading to the Star Alliance lounge without them would be a much better outcome for everyone involved.
DCFlyIAD likes this.
Old Dec 17, 2017, 1:28 am

Originally Posted by docbert
The T7 UC is nice, but it's not nice enough to make 4 people walk over 30 mins (return) via a track that's easy to get lost on, pay $120, and give up access to the TBIT lounge for 2 of those people. Giving the two 18 year old the $120 cash, then heading to the Star Alliance lounge without them would be a much better outcome for everyone involved.
Yea let me make myself clear. I would NEVER pay $60 pp for that UC having just been there a few months ago. But $10-15 pp, sure. And that's what you can do with passes on eBay.
Old Dec 17, 2017, 8:56 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Giving the two 18 year old the $120 cash, then heading to the Star Alliance lounge without them would be a much better outcome for everyone involved.
Heck, give the kids $50. There's plenty of decent spots to shop or hang out in TBIT. They'd probably be bored in the lounge anyway.
Old Dec 30, 2017, 5:17 pm

Programs: UA 1K/MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Something, IHG Gold, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Found this map on the walls in the tunnels between T4/T5 and T5/T6 and thought it might be useful...

Timed myself doing this trip earlier this week - took 15 minutes almost to the second going from the UC in T7 to the *A lounge, and that's for someone that knows exactly where they are going and moving at a reasonable pace.

DCA writer and DCFlyIAD like this.
Old Jan 12, 2018, 7:31 pm

Programs: Mileageplus
I am arriving at LAX at 1230am and my departing flight doesn't leave until 1030am. I have priority pass and I am also star alliance gold (United 1k). Traveling on United to Guam - so domestic. I need to take a shower during my connection. Is there any priority lounge that has showers open at that time or should I just get a hotel? Would I be able to get into the star alliance lounge? I'm dreading this layover....
Old Jan 12, 2018, 7:55 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Book a hotel room. *A lounge is shut between about midnight and 6am.
Old Jan 14, 2018, 10:52 pm

Programs: UA 1MM 1K, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Explorist, status-free on AA, AS, B6, DL, WN, Amtrak, etc.
Timed myself doing this trip earlier this week - took 15 minutes almost to the second going from the UC in T7 to the *A lounge, and that's for someone that knows exactly where they are going and moving at a reasonable pace.
I had to stop and check my bearings a couple of times Thursday night--and the air conditioning not doing too much in the tunnel between T6 and T5 further discouraged me from booking it over from gate 71A to TBIT--so my one-way time was more like 20 minutes. Still worth the schlep, obvs.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.