Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Global Airline Alliances > Star Alliance
Reload this Page >

LAX - TBIT star alliance lounge access

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 3, 2016, 5:29 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: cur
Accessing TBIT *A Lounge from T7/T8 at LAX
Originally Posted by 764toHI
Yes, there is an airside connector between T4 through T8. After T7 security, follow the signs to T6, go past the Alaska Airlines Boardroom/Wolfgang Puck and you'll see escalators down to the connector. From T4 to TBIT, follow signs for Gate 41 (near T4 security). Ideally if you have pre-check, I would clear security in T4 for the Star Alliance lounge.
Plan on at least 15-20 minutes walking each way.

This link can answer 99% of the questions asked here.

http://www.staralliance.com/en/web/staralliance/lounge-finder

No access on UA Domestic First without Star Gold.

Contact number: 310 648 7020
Print Wikipost

LAX - TBIT star alliance lounge access

Search this Thread

Old Feb 9, 2016, 8:21 am

Programs: AA, SPG, UR
Help please.. because I always rush to find I have missed lounge access because I got out too soon from a terminal when reaching another one.

I am reaching TBIT on a LH Biz class and have almost 6 hours layover connecting to UA biz/first flight to PHX. I would rather want to spend my time in the *A biz lounge than anything in T7. I have global entry. Would I be allowed to access the TBIT *A lounge with my onward boarding pass? Or must I have to get out to do immigration and customs? I only have carry-on (no check-in luggage to pick up).
Old Feb 9, 2016, 12:52 pm

Originally Posted by FT-hss
Or must I have to get out to do immigration and customs? I only have carry-on (no check-in luggage to pick up).
The USA has no concept of a transit passenger. You would have to get out and do immigrations/customs regardless as that is required for all arriving passengers.

I don't know about lounge access, but at LAX, you can enter any terminal with a BP for that day. And depending on whether you arrive after the T4/TBIT airside connector opens up within the next month, you won't have to leave airside to walk between TBIT and T7/T8, soon.
Old Feb 26, 2016, 10:05 pm

Programs: QR Gold, TK Gold
So ... it seems that the T4-TBIT connector has opened.

http://www.airlinereporter.com/2016/...erminal-opens/

I have a domestic connection next Monday on UA out of T7 with nearly a 4 hours wait...will try the airside connection to the TBIT and will head to the *A lounge there. My TK*G and the same day UA boarding pass should give me access
Old Feb 27, 2016, 6:08 am

Programs: UA 1MM 1K, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Explorist, status-free on AA, AS, B6, DL, WN, Amtrak, etc.
Originally Posted by birsti
I have a domestic connection next Monday on UA out of T7 with nearly a 4 hours wait...will try the airside connection to the TBIT and will head to the *A lounge there. My TK*G and the same day UA boarding pass should give me access
Yes, it will. Enjoy the lounge! And afterwards, please share your walking times coming and going.
Old Feb 28, 2016, 8:02 am

Programs: AA, SPG, UR
Just updating my recent experience... After arriving in LH business class with an onward UA F bp from T7 in hand i made the trek thru security back inside TBIT. I was denied at *A. Called sup who also regretfully denied. Reason were that UA F from other terminals are not allowed there unless they have status or day pass. So i went ahead to T7. I was denied again downstairs with some weird reason regarding the prior bp being LH and not having status even though UA sold me the ticket. I was tired but i still tried one last time upstairs (there are two UA clubs in T7) The agent there was nicer, gave me similar reasons but after i told what happened so far gave me curtesy access.
Old Feb 28, 2016, 9:53 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by FT-hss
Just updating my recent experience... After arriving in LH business class with an onward UA F bp from T7 in hand i made the trek thru security back inside TBIT. I was denied at *A. Called sup who also regretfully denied. Reason were that UA F from other terminals are not allowed there unless they have status or day pass. So i went ahead to T7. I was denied again downstairs with some weird reason regarding the prior bp being LH and not having status even though UA sold me the ticket. I was tired but i still tried one last time upstairs (there are two UA clubs in T7) The agent there was nicer, gave me similar reasons but after i told what happened so far gave me curtesy access.
I've always thought that reports of access to *A TBIT based solely on a domestic F bp reflected an overly generous reading of the access rules. It really should just be *G if you have a domestic departure.

btw, you were technically not entitled to United Club access (unless you are *G).
Old Feb 28, 2016, 2:27 pm

As a point of comparison, I was welcomed into the Qantas F lounge in TBIT a few weeks ago while connecting from JL in F to AA in F to PHX. No status.

It sounds like the *A lounges are being quite stingy – and they're not the greatest lounges either.
Old Feb 28, 2016, 4:26 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by macabus
It sounds like the *A lounges are being quite stingy – and they're not the greatest lounges either.
??? By all accounts the *A lounge at LAX is superior to the OW lounges.
Old Feb 29, 2016, 2:15 pm

Programs: QR Gold, TK Gold
ok...so here is my experience:

From arrival at Gate 73 to entry into the *alliance Lounge in TBIT it took me 15 minutes of walking (ok, I'm a fast walker)...worst parts are the above ground parts in T6 and T4 b/c of slow moving folks being in the way.

The T4-TBIT Connector was deserted...just some construction guys with legal pads taking notes on stuff still to do (which is barely noticeable...looks finished albeit still quite sterile because of no shops, ads or dirt). the view over the security check area in the TBIT is quite interesting.

Lounge dragon didn't think one minute that it was weird for me being there or questioned if I was allowed entry...just gave a knowing smile and said:"yes...it's nicer here"
Old Mar 3, 2016, 12:52 am

Programs: UA
ok...so here is my experience:

From arrival at Gate 73 to entry into the *alliance Lounge in TBIT it took me 15 minutes of walking (ok, I'm a fast walker)...worst parts are the above ground parts in T6 and T4 b/c of slow moving folks being in the way.

Lounge dragon didn't think one minute that it was weird for me being there or questioned if I was allowed entry...just gave a knowing smile and said:"yes...it's nicer here"
Good to know its only about 15 minutes, it took me about 25 minutes to go from TBIT to my T7 gate in February since I had to go through security again.

From my experiences using UA BPs the agents have absolutely no problem with it, they just tell me to make sure I know when I'm boarding.

What does the menu look like in the morning?
Old Mar 5, 2016, 1:37 am

Programs: Costco Executive, RaceTrac Sultan of Soda, Chick-fil-A Red
Originally Posted by Kacee
??? By all accounts the *A lounge at LAX is superior to the OW lounges.
The Qantas First lounge is the nicest by far the nicest in the US in my opinion. The ala-carte dining is great. The Star Alliance First has a similar concept but only small plates. Plus, the QF lounge can be accessed by status which is not the case with the *A lounge.
Old Mar 14, 2016, 1:46 pm

Programs: UA G 1.9MM, HH Diamond, Global Entry
So ... it seems that the T4-TBIT connector has opened.

http://www.airlinereporter.com/2016/...erminal-opens/

Last Tuesday, March 8th, I had an LAX to HNL flight on UA. I went straight to the TBIT and used the *A lounge. I asked for directions to the terminal connector, however it was blocked for construction. So, I would be prepared for periodic closings until it is fully completed.
Old Mar 25, 2016, 8:53 pm

So I don't have any access to *A F LAX lounge anymore. Used to have VA Plat metal.

I wasn't quite up for a 9 hour layover roaming LAX terminals or in the floor on TBIT.

I booked a C class fare (fully refundable) with AirNZ (NZ1 LAX-AKL) for $13,065 today [shock], checked in and just had my carry on. I got my boarding pass and up to the lounge. Got in and called Air NZ back and unchecked myself and cancelled the tickets.

I was already checked into VA1 for SYD-LAX. Just wanted the lounge access and to keep my sanity.

Maybe someone will find this useful.
Old Mar 25, 2016, 9:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by joshodermatt
I wasn't quite up for a 9 hour layover roaming LAX terminals or in the floor on TBIT.

I booked a C class fare (fully refundable) with AirNZ (NZ1 LAX-AKL) for $13,065 today [shock], checked in and just had my carry on. I got my boarding pass and up to the lounge. Got in and called Air NZ back and unchecked myself and cancelled the tickets.
<snip>
All airlines take a very dim view of this practice. Others have done it before. Google is your friend
How long before you get the cash money back? Or is a voucher only(not cash)?

Edit: one of the more prominent cases
http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articl...-lounge-access

Last edited by Mwenenzi; Mar 26, 2016 at 12:14 am
Old Mar 26, 2016, 2:37 am

Programs: AV Diamond, TK ELP, IB Oro, AD Diamante, NZ Gold, QF Gold, Marriott Platinum, SPG Platinum
Originally Posted by joshodermatt
So I don't have any access to *A F LAX lounge anymore. Used to have VA Plat metal.

I was already checked into VA1 for SYD-LAX. Just wanted the lounge access and to keep my sanity.

Why didn't you just see if a day pass was available (subject to space availability) for around US$55? Also VA use this lounge as a contract lounge for their C/CL, Gold and Platinum flyers...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.