Wiki Posts
Search

ET's fare structure?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 15, 2013, 10:05 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA, UA, Delta
ET's fare structure?

I took a group to Ethiopian in July to work in refugee camps. After returning, we were given permission to build a library (including being land to do it) in the camp, so we are going in January to plan the build. When I researched the fares from ADD to SHC, I was told by our contact in Ethiopia that there are now three levels:

1. Resident fare (180 or so rt)
2. Fare on an Ethopian itinerary for international flights (325 or so rt)
3. Foreigner fare or other airline to get to ADD (600 or so rt)

So even though EK is not the best option, it looks like the only option so that you only get double fare instead of quadruple. Does anyone know a way around this?
Old Nov 16, 2013, 12:53 am

Programs: M&M SEN, Amex Plat, Club Carlson, Marriott, HHonors & Accor Gold, Velocity Silver, Qantas Bronze
Hmm... Confused... EK is code for Emirates... What does that to do with Star Alliance and Ethiopian? And what is SHC?
Old Nov 16, 2013, 11:16 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA, UA, Delta
EK's fare structure?

My bad...Ethiopian... Mistyped
Old Nov 16, 2013, 12:20 pm

Programs: UA MM/1P, EK Au, QR, TK, Marriott Life Ti, Hilton Dia, IC Dia, Hyatt Glob, Accor Pt, Shangri-La
Originally Posted by vbroucek
Hmm... Confused... EK is code for Emirates... What does that to do with Star Alliance and Ethiopian? And what is SHC?
Isn't it obvious from the context that the OP is referring to Ethiopian Airlines (ET)?

Sorry, OP, I don't have a suggestion. You could look at using miles, although it seems that no carrier (other than perhaps ET itself; I am not familiar with their program) offers a cheap award option for domestic Ethiopia -- the charts go by region (UA calls it "central/southern Africa"), so not really designed for a good price for such a short flight. I suppose that, if you're starting outside the country, you could use miles to get to SHC for the same price as ADD.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.