Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Global Airline Alliances > Star Alliance
Reload this Page >

Lounge access for "immediate family" in * lounges

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Lounge access for "immediate family" in * lounges

Search this Thread

Old Dec 29, 2016, 11:27 am

Programs: UA 1MM Premier Gold, DL Gold Medallion, HHonors Gold, Marriot Rewards Gold
Star Gold, 1MM traveling with 2 young kids, lounge access

Greetings!

I'll be traveling with my 6 and 9 year old daughters with stop overs at BRU and LHR.

Will they let me in the lounge with my kids? I know I can bring in one guest, but what if my 2 guests are family? Will they deny entry?

Any other options?

Thanks,
R
Old Dec 29, 2016, 1:35 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Officially, no. Unofficially, some lounges will allow it. But they are not obligated to.
Old Dec 31, 2016, 10:41 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/star-alliance/1488303-lounge-access-immediate-family-lounges.html

​​​​​​​PP is the only option in LHR/BRU for you.
Old Jan 3, 2017, 12:27 am

Programs: TK Elite (*G), SPG,Priority Pass
Happy to report that I had lounge access (TK *G) at LHR Lufthansa Lounge with my wife and daughter (2,5 yrs) all booked in Y.
Old Jan 3, 2017, 1:04 am

Deleted
Old Jan 5, 2017, 5:34 pm

Programs: Aeroplan SE AND 1MM, HHonors Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Platinum , L'Accor Platinum
Last year, LH would not allow all 3 of us in Senator lounge in FRA - with me as a Star Alliance Gold member, accompanied by my wife and my (then) 18 yr old daughter. Fortunately, we were flying business class - so we were able to get into LH business class lounge.

A few years ago, after some pleading, the lounge agent allowed the 3 of us (all in business class) to gain entry to the Senator lounge there.
Old Jan 9, 2017, 2:58 pm
PNW

Related series of questions you folks might know the answers to:

I am flying LAX-EWR-Delhi (India) in two weeks on United. I hit gold on United on December 31, 2016.

- my electronic United Gold card shows that it will expire at the end of 1/2017. I hit gold status in 2016. Will the electronic card update to be valid through 1/2018?

- I called MPSC and was told that the United Gold card will arrive in two weeks -- so it may arrive after I depart for India. On my international flight, will United lounges at LAX and EWR let me and a guest in if I only have an electronic copy on the mobile app? Will partner airlines in Delhi?

Thanks!
Old Jan 9, 2017, 3:43 pm
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

United will know your status for sure and not turn you away.
in DEL I never had to show my *G card to AI, but I was already in C. SQ in DEL is very particular and wants to see the *G card even if you are in F. LH just goes by what is coded on your BP.
Old Jan 9, 2017, 3:46 pm
PNW

Originally Posted by oliver2002
United will know your status for sure and not turn you away.
in DEL I never had to show my *G card to AI, but I was already in C. SQ in DEL is very particular and wants to see the *G card even if you are in F. LH just goes by what is coded on your BP.
Thanks! While I have you, which *A lounge do you recommend? (My traveling companion also has Priority Pass, if you are familiar with their Delhi lounges.)
Old Jan 9, 2017, 11:49 pm

There is a compendium on the *A and PP DEL lounges in the India based Airlines forum. Premium Plaza is the nicest, AI most spacious, SQ a bit higher end.
Old Aug 29, 2018, 12:56 am

Pleasantly surprised in CAI last week: LH checkin told me I have access to the various MS lounges as *G. I ask if they will allow my two kids also. Agent shrugs her shoulders and says 'policy is one guest, but ask nicely, maybe...'

In the MS business lounge I just hand the 4 BPs with mine on top and the agent just scanned mine and the BP of my wife and let us in. ^
Old Sep 12, 2018, 4:04 am

Programs: AV Diamond, TK ELP, IB Oro, AD Diamante, NZ Gold, QF Gold, Marriott Platinum, SPG Platinum
Hm, as a fellow lounge user I'm not sure how I feel about people bringing entire families into lounges especially if they are not eligible to use the lounge in the first place.

Too many times I've been in lounges that already don't have enough seats for all eligible customers and there children running amok or behaving loudly, all while their parents pay more attention to the free buffet. Or getting held up at reception while the guy in front argues about bringing his family because he is super special (flying in coach) Not a good look or experience for anyone.

Frankly I wish more lounges would stick strictly to the one guest rule - when I travel with more than one person flying at the back of the bus, we go to a restaurant or cafe!
vinx likes this.
Old Sep 15, 2018, 9:49 am

Programs: SQ, QF, UA, CO, DL
Originally Posted by kiwitakingflight
Hm, as a fellow lounge user I'm not sure how I feel about people bringing entire families into lounges especially if they are not eligible to use the lounge in the first place.

Too many times I've been in lounges that already don't have enough seats for all eligible customers and there children running amok or behaving loudly, all while their parents pay more attention to the free buffet. Or getting held up at reception while the guy in front argues about bringing his family because he is super special (flying in coach) Not a good look or experience for anyone.

Frankly I wish more lounges would stick strictly to the one guest rule - when I travel with more than one person flying at the back of the bus, we go to a restaurant or cafe!
I find most lounge agents are pretty good at regulating the flow. They make exceptions when conditions permit and I am happy to leave the decision with them.
Old Dec 6, 2018, 5:43 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by oliver2002
Pleasantly surprised in CAI last week: LH checkin told me I have access to the various MS lounges as *G. I ask if they will allow my two kids also. Agent shrugs her shoulders and says 'policy is one guest, but ask nicely, maybe...'

In the MS business lounge I just hand the 4 BPs with mine on top and the agent just scanned mine and the BP of my wife and let us in. ^
MS is like that, although maybe they aren't always like that if facing a very busy period. MS even has a family-friendly frequent flyer program to get *G status from the flights of the rest of the family.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.