Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Global Airline Alliances > Star Alliance
Reload this Page >

Connection length in Frankfurt first class

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 13, 2013, 6:33 am
Original Poster

We only have 90 minutes in Frankfurt, connecting from Seattle (SEA-FRA-OTP). Flying first class into FRA, and business out to OTP. Will 90 minutes be sufficient for connecting, and if we miss the connection, will they put us on the next flight, which is 4 hours later? Thank you.
Old Jul 13, 2013, 6:37 am

90 minutes should be enough , in case you miss it they will put you on the next one (if available)
Old Jul 13, 2013, 6:43 am
Original Poster

Thanks, it appears we arrive in terminal 1, B gate areas, and leave from terminal 1, B area, so it doesn't seem like we need to walk too far. We still have to clear customs.

Originally Posted by ReduceTC
90 minutes should be enough , in case you miss it they will put you on the next one (if available)
Old Jul 13, 2013, 7:06 am

Programs: AA, UA, GE
For your reference ...

NewbieRunner has put together a tremendous thread in the Miles & More forum on this topic:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/miles...on-thread.html
Old Jul 13, 2013, 7:09 am

Programs: KL Gold, SQ KF Gold, CX Green
You do NOT need to clear customs nor immigration. Both will be @ OTP.
Old Jul 13, 2013, 8:07 am
Original Poster

Are you sure about that? It would be great if we could go straight through. Is that because Romania is not into the Schengen area?

Originally Posted by Sjoerd
You do NOT need to clear customs nor immigration. Both will be @ OTP.
Old Jul 13, 2013, 8:32 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by adela77
Are you sure about that? It would be great if we could go straight through. Is that because Romania is not into the Schengen area?
Correct. However, if your flight departs from a B gate you will have to clear security.
Old Jul 13, 2013, 10:32 am
Original Poster

Obviously so I could ruin your morning, what's with the rudeness?

Thank you to those clarifying we don't have to clear immigration customs, that helps.

Last edited by Markie; Jul 13, 2013 at 11:49 pm Reason: Remove quote of deleted post
Old Jul 14, 2013, 12:04 am

Programs: UA lifetime gold; Hilton Gold; Marriott/SPG Plat; Hyatt Discoverist
If the OP arrives with LH first class, wouldn't they get car service to to take them to the first class terminal? or maybe drive them to their next plane?
Old Jul 14, 2013, 1:50 am

Originally Posted by adela77
We only have 90 minutes in Frankfurt, connecting from Seattle (SEA-FRA-OTP). Flying first class into FRA, and business out to OTP. Will 90 minutes be sufficient for connecting, and if we miss the connection, will they put us on the next flight, which is 4 hours later? Thank you.
From your question, I infer that you have never flown LH F through Frankfurt. If there are no LH personnel with signage meeting you at the gate in FRA, you are probably in good shape. Find your way to the nearest F lounge (not Senator's/First lounge). Your LH F lounge handler will take care of all your needs.

If you need to be in OTP right away, they will do their best to make it so. If you do not have a pressing engagement, I would highly encourage you to slow down and enjoy the lounge for 4 hours. Like onboard, the food and drink is fantastic. I have never used the spa, but they have that, too. It can be a great stop and smell the roses experience. You can reenter the real world at OTP a little later. I purposefully book a little extra time anytime I am lucky enough to connect from LH F.
Old Jul 19, 2013, 1:37 am
Original Poster

I am writing this from the first class terminal as we are waiting for the pick up ride - we made it and it was so easy to get through customs and walk here because of all the directions - it was totally worth it. A big thanks to all those who explained the process and encouraged me to change from united to Lufthansa. First class service was great, we were picked up in the car and taken to customs, no line there, we were the first ones - and we walked to the terminal which is fabulous! Big thanks again, next time I will get a 12 hour layover here so I can shower sleep and drink all the cocktails on the menu!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.