Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Global Airline Alliances > Star Alliance
Reload this Page >

What *G lounges do you recommend in FRA and MAD?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 12, 2013, 10:42 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Lifetime Gold, Hertz PC

Hello-

Doing SFO-FRA (UA) FRA-MAD (LH), then doing MAD-FRA-SEA home in October here with 1 companion. With *Gold status flying on a BusinessFirst ticket on UA and Economy on LH, what are my best options in FRA and MAD for lounge access? I see a few choices for FRA and MAD and wanted to hear your thoughts on what the best bets are.

Thank you!
Old Jul 12, 2013, 10:46 pm
Ambassador: Thai Airways

Programs: UA 1k, TG Gold, LT Bonvoy Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador

I enjoy Lufthansa senator lounge every time I transit through FRA with a *A flight and I do not think UA has its own lounge.
Old Jul 12, 2013, 10:55 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Lifetime Gold, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by kiam
I enjoy Lufthansa senator lounge every time I transit through FRA with a *A flight and I do not think UA has its own lounge.
Thanks! Which Senator lounge do you think is the best? I see C, B, Z.
Old Jul 12, 2013, 11:31 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA Exec Plat, MR Plat, HH Gold

All 3 are good. Go to the closest one to your gate. Real food and free booze. Enjoy.
Old Jul 13, 2013, 3:38 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
When connecting to MAD the SEN lounge on the way to Gate A50 (it's slightly hidden). On the way back the SEN lounge in the same location but one floor above (on the way to Gate Z50 assuming your flight leaves from a Z gate).
Old Jul 13, 2013, 11:07 am

Programs: UA *G 1MM LT United Club & Global Entry
Keep your expectations quite low regarding the *A contracted lounge at MAD.

SunLover
Old Jul 13, 2013, 12:28 pm

Programs: UA 1K

Good food, but the Senator lounges in FRA can be extremely crowded especially in the morning.
Old Jul 13, 2013, 2:38 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by coplatflyer
All 3 are good. Go to the closest one to your gate. Real food and free booze. Enjoy.
:-:

It isn't worth going out of your way to find any one versus the others. I would even say that going to the Business Lounge rather than Senator Lounge is reasonable if there isn't a SEN lounge near your gate, though I don't think that's an issue with the Schengen flights.
Old Jul 14, 2013, 12:02 am

Programs: UA lifetime gold; Hilton Gold; Marriott/SPG Plat; Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by sbm12
:-:

It isn't worth going out of your way to find any one versus the others. I would even say that going to the Business Lounge rather than Senator Lounge is reasonable if there isn't a SEN lounge near your gate, though I don't think that's an issue with the Schengen flights.

Depending how much the OP has between flights, I would go out of my way to find a Senator Lounge. I find that the Business lounges in FRA are terribly crowded and noisy
Old Jul 19, 2013, 12:21 pm

Programs: *A Gold, SPG Gold, PC Plat, HH Gold, Hyatt Plat, Avis PC, Hertz PC, EC Elite, Starbucks Gold :D
Originally Posted by keisari
Depending how much the OP has between flights, I would go out of my way to find a Senator Lounge. I find that the Business lounges in FRA are terribly crowded and noisy
So I'd guess the Senator lounge near A50 would be the closest to the anticipated departure gate of B25 for my FRA-BOM LH flight. Have a layover of 2h50m.

Last time I transited at FRA, I just had the United Club card, so used the Business Lounge. Will check out the Senator lounge, thanks to A3!
Old Jul 20, 2013, 4:01 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by anilyst
So I'd guess the Senator lounge near A50 would be the closest to the anticipated departure gate of B25 for my FRA-BOM LH flight. Have a layover of 2h50m.
The A50 lounge is inside the Schengen area. As you are flying onward on a non-Schengen flight I'd probably clear immigration before heading to the lounge, just to get that delay out of the way ASAP.

There is a Business Lounge in the "pod" where B25 is located (some photos of the Lufthansa B20s Business Lounge here) which is fine IME; we used it most recently prior to FRA-Chennai. The Senator lounge is near B42 which is a bit of a walk (map here). My last time in that Senator lounge was 2010; photos from that visit are here.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.