Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Global Airline Alliances > Star Alliance
Reload this Page >

Connection protection on 2 saparate awards

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 18, 2013, 10:08 pm
Original Poster

guys,
have 2 separate *alliance award tickets with about 5 hours connection through NRT. First award is roundtrip USAIR to NRT with stopover in FRA. Second award is on TG to BKK (stop)> DPS(dest)> BKK> NRT .

I am sure 5 hours is plenty to connect to BKK but what happen if I miss the connection due to delay etc? any protection or SOL?

TIA
Old Mar 19, 2013, 1:50 am

Programs: M&M SEN, Amex Plat, Club Carlson, Marriott, HHonors & Accor Gold, Velocity Silver, Qantas Bronze
Two different tickets/PNRs so NO protection at all...
Old Mar 19, 2013, 11:42 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Officially nothing. What you can negotiate at the airport is another story.

If you are checking bags through and need to clear immigration to pick them up and re-check them that will further decrease your available time. Try to get the bags checked all the way through if you will be bringing any.
Old Mar 20, 2013, 7:43 am
Original Poster

thanks!!
Old Mar 20, 2013, 11:06 am

This is a big advantage of oneworld. They protect you even on different tickets if inbound and outbound are on OW carriers.
Old Mar 20, 2013, 3:34 pm

Programs: M&M SEN, Amex Plat, Club Carlson, Marriott, HHonors & Accor Gold, Velocity Silver, Qantas Bronze
Originally Posted by Unterwegs
This is a big advantage of oneworld. They protect you even on different tickets if inbound and outbound are on OW carriers.
Are you sure? I would not be, as QF did not protect me... Can you support it by something concrete - anecdotal evidence is not good enough...
Old Mar 21, 2013, 12:30 am

Originally Posted by vbroucek
Are you sure? I would not be, as QF did not protect me... Can you support it by something concrete - anecdotal evidence is not good enough...
I have this from AA:
http://www.aa.com/i18n/agency/Bookin...tkt_policy.jsp
Old Mar 21, 2013, 1:23 am

Originally Posted by Unterwegs
But that's AA's policy, not OW's...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.