Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Global Airline Alliances > Star Alliance
Reload this Page >

Award redemption feedback (also: Food for purchase in F/C?)

Old Aug 3, 2012, 1:38 am
Original Poster

Trying to fly home for the holidays using miles, found the itinerary below at united.com. Good redemption for 100k miles? What about the seats, I read the Brussels Airlines 333 seats should be converted to lie-flat seats by October, and the LH 748-i seats are not too bad, but you have to share the foot rest/ottoman with your neighbor? On the flight back there are also seats on United First available, would that be worth the extra miles (LH C vs UA F?). That would be via LHR, so it would a longer uninterrupted flight. Decisions, decisions.

A revenue ticket on LH with the same stopover, but slightly better flight times would be $1380 in Y.

The "Food for Purchase" label on the first and last segment (business and first) are UA website glitches, right? Right?

Old Aug 3, 2012, 5:16 am

Programs: CX SL, AB Gold, AF/KL FB Silver, HU/HX Silver, SPG Gold
Never rely on any airline website for meal info.
Old Aug 3, 2012, 11:19 am
Original Poster

Should have booked this yesterday, now only First Class Saver Awards are available, so that the first segment is in domestic first, and for the return flight the LH 748-i is no longer available.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.