*Gold Lounge in Lima?

Old Aug 2, 2012, 1:04 pm
Original Poster

Programs: TK Elite Plus, IC Plat Ambassador, HH Diamond
*Gold Lounge in Lima?

Will be flying out on UA from Lima, no lounges listed for Lima on Star Alliance website. Flight leaves at 00:30. Anybody have any info?

Thanks,
Old Aug 2, 2012, 2:08 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Flying LIM-EWR in CO BusinessFirst as Star Alliance Gold members, we received an invitation to one of the two contract lounges at LIM — I think it was the "Sumaq" lounge.

There's a report at http://milepoint.com/forums/threads/g-lounge-lim.26416/ that a passenger who had a *G card and was flying coach received a lounge invitation upon check-in in at LIM.

We used the Sumaq lounge and found it pretty nice; there were showers, pisco at the bar, and plenty of Inca Kola available. (When we boarded the plane, our bags were searched for liquids and the Inca Kola we stashed from the lounge was thrown into a big plastic tub full of confiscated Inca Kola bottles.) These photos look familiar: http://boardingarea.com/blogs/rapidt...irport-lounge/.
Old Aug 2, 2012, 2:35 pm

I can't remember which lounge it was, but I was flying LIM-EWR in Y as *G and received an invitation to the lounge. It was the first on the left which I think is the Sumaq Lounge.
Old Aug 4, 2012, 11:01 pm

Programs: UA lifetime gold; Hilton Gold; Marriott/SPG Plat; Hyatt Discoverist
both UA website and Star Alliance lounge finder list no lounges in Lima - not even contracted lounges.
Old Aug 9, 2012, 8:42 am

Programs: DL DM
Originally Posted by PHLyer82
I can't remember which lounge it was, but I was flying LIM-EWR in Y as *G and received an invitation to the lounge. It was the first on the left which I think is the Sumaq Lounge.
Sumaq is indeed the one on the left. Both are run by the same company, Sumaq is the better of the two.
Old Aug 10, 2012, 11:34 am

Originally Posted by RapidTravelChai
Sumaq is indeed the one on the left. Both are run by the same company, Sumaq is the better of the two.
Thanks for the confirmation
Old Aug 11, 2012, 9:59 am
Original Poster

Programs: TK Elite Plus, IC Plat Ambassador, HH Diamond
Thanks to all for the info.
Old Aug 11, 2012, 7:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS, AA, UA, AGR S (former 75K, GLD, 1K, and S+, now an elite peon)
Originally Posted by PHLyer82
Did you have to ask or show your *G card or was it automatic?

Flying out in Y on TACA (LIM-UIO) with a UA PG/*G card on Monday and hoping to have lounge access...hoping to have access to something in UIO, too (4-hour layover and then to BOG; nothing shown on *A website)...

Last edited by jackal; Aug 11, 2012 at 7:57 pm
Old Aug 13, 2012, 1:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS, AA, UA, AGR S (former 75K, GLD, 1K, and S+, now an elite peon)
Originally Posted by jackal

Flying out in Y on TACA (LIM-UIO) with a UA PG/*G card on Monday and hoping to have lounge access...hoping to have access to something in UIO, too (4-hour layover and then to BOG; nothing shown on *A website)...
Arrived at LIM airport about 3 minutes before baggage cutoff and boarding. Needless to say, I was told to hurry to the gate and wasn't given any lounge invitations.

Upon arrival in UIO and presenting an Avianca BP for my onward flight, I asked a TACA agent standing nearby about a lounge invitation and he said to talk to Avianca or go to the lounge and have them call Avianca (guess they're not quite merged yet). The lounge concierge did just that and I am now sitting in the Sala VIP.
Old Aug 13, 2012, 1:38 pm

Originally Posted by jackal
I was given the invite from UA. I am UA elite so I didn't need to show the card to get the invite. At the lounge only used the invite to gain entry.

Glad to see that you got lounge access in UIO. Easily the greatest perk of *G IMO
Old Jan 20, 2014, 7:29 am

Programs: LH SEN, FB Plat., HH D.
Hello,

can somebody advise if flying Avianca, operated by Taca, can I use the LIM lounge as *G?

Thanks,
Old Dec 5, 2014, 6:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 2MM. DL Plat, AS MVP
Any Lima lounge updates? Flying Copa in C to PTY.
Old Dec 5, 2014, 10:04 pm

Programs: Aeroplan E75
Originally Posted by keisari
both UA website and Star Alliance lounge finder list no lounges in Lima - not even contracted lounges.
Star Lounge finder tool is very often wrong. Useless until they fix it.
Old Dec 5, 2014, 10:05 pm

Programs: Aeroplan E75
Originally Posted by more4less
Hello,

can somebody advise if flying Avianca, operated by Taca, can I use the LIM lounge as *G?

Thanks,
No lounge on the domestic side. Don't know about the international side.
Old Dec 7, 2014, 7:43 am

Programs: BA GGL, TK*G EL, KL P ELPL, ex AB P, ex LH/LX Sen, HHonors D4L, Bonvoy P
Originally Posted by zrs70
Any Lima lounge updates? Flying Copa in C to PTY.
Sumaq Lounge. You get an invitation at check in.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.