Community
Wiki Posts
Search

West Coast to Germany in Z

Search this Thread

Old Dec 13, 2012, 2:37 pm
Original Poster

Hey, just moved to LA and expected to encounter cheaper ways to get into business. it turns out that i have no idea how to book my way into business for coming trips on basically Westcoast (preferably LAX) to FRA or MUC.

The way "I did it" from Europe was to check on KVStool.com availability on lets say Z fares and then talk to talented travel agents who did the booking for me. sometimes i purchased myself thru LH homepage.

Anyways, I ended up paying around 2K Euro for US trips. Now, as UA gold and still LH senator I have no idea how to book or with whom to do the booking.

Any ideas?

thx
Old Dec 13, 2012, 6:36 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Welcome to FlyerTalk!

You can still deal with a travel agent if you want. Or you can search for the availability using something like ITA's 30-day search if you want. That can help you find dates where there are discount biz seats available. Also keep in mind that many discount biz fares are booking in P these days, not Z.
Old Dec 14, 2012, 9:30 pm
Original Poster

Angry

Originally Posted by sbm12
Welcome to FlyerTalk!

You can still deal with a travel agent if you want. Or you can search for the availability using something like ITA's 30-day search if you want. That can help you find dates where there are discount biz seats available. Also keep in mind that many discount biz fares are booking in P these days, not Z.
Hey thanks for the advices, don't really know ITA. just starting to find it. but lets say I found sty there that suits me, I would still have to go thru the HP of the specific carrier? or do you know a agent that can do that for me and has the dedication for MRs etc.

P is a pain btw..
Old Dec 15, 2012, 6:58 am

Programs: AC SE 1MM, UA 1K, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Marriott Gold Elite, Hertz PC

The ITA matrix is great, you can specify that you are looking for Z or any other class only and it will show you the lowest fare. In the TATL JV, Air Canada does not have P fares yet, while the fare conditions are identical to UA or LH, they book into Z class which is their lowest booking class for business class.
Old Dec 15, 2012, 7:13 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Yes, you can specify a specific fare class in ITA. That said, if you search for business class and the duration of stay you want with the 30-day flexible search then you'll see if the fares work or not, regardless of the fare class they are booking in.

Once you find the fare you're looking for booking it should be possible on the airline site, a 3rd party OTA or via an agent. Some of the more complicated itineraries are harder to force OTAs to find but so long as you're just looking for the lowest fare in a market most should find them OK. I've also had pretty good success recently using Hipmunk to force complex routings into an OTA.
Old Dec 15, 2012, 10:06 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by sbm12
Yes, you can specify a specific fare class in ITA. That said, if you search for business class and the duration of stay you want with the 30-day flexible search then you'll see if the fares work or not, regardless of the fare class they are booking in.

Once you find the fare you're looking for booking it should be possible on the airline site, a 3rd party OTA or via an agent. Some of the more complicated itineraries are harder to force OTAs to find but so long as you're just looking for the lowest fare in a market most should find them OK. I've also had pretty good success recently using Hipmunk to force complex routings into an OTA.
Thanks a lot, I have a great start at flyertalk thanks to you guys! I LOVE ITA!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.