Community
Wiki Posts
Search

US Airways and Emirates

Search this Thread

Old May 20, 2012, 1:07 pm
Original Poster

Exclamation US Airways and Emirates

I am going to Dubai and the first leg of the journey is on US Airways within the US and then catch Emirates to Dubai. The question is can I get US Airways Miles (Dividend Miles) for the entire duration or just the domestic leg? What happens to my international leg? Pls advise.
Old May 20, 2012, 8:52 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond, BA Gold, Bonvoy Ambassador, HH Gold
Welcome to Flyer Talk!

If your Dividend Miles number is in the reservation, you should earn US miles for the domestic segment. Emirates is not a US partner or a member of Star Alliance, so you would not earn miles for the international segment.

Just FYI - for future questions that just deal with US Airways, you'd be better served posting them in the forum for that airline:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/us-ai...end-miles-612/
Old May 20, 2012, 10:43 pm

Programs: QFF Plat, OZ*G, HH Gold
Your other option is to earn them on Jet Airways. They have partnership program with both US and EK.
Old May 21, 2012, 11:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 1M
Originally Posted by 123dd
Your other option is to earn them on Jet Airways. They have partnership program with both US and EK.
Their FFP sucks and they charge YQ.
Old May 22, 2012, 6:17 am

Other options include Alaskan miles (for just the EK flight) and South African Airways miles (for both EK and US flights). I have no idea how good/bad SA's Voyager program is.
Old May 23, 2012, 6:58 am

Programs: EK-IO, UA-1K2MM, ETIHAD-GOLD, SPG-PLAT LIFETIME, JUMEIRAH SERIUS GOLD
Emirates also has its own program which you might as well join since you won't get any US miles for the flight. If you ever end up flying either Alaska or Korean those flights can be credited to your Emirates Skywards account
Old May 23, 2012, 9:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 1M
Note that AS gives only 50% for most affordable fares.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.