LAX -> BKK with AMS stop over

Old May 23, 12, 1:29 am
Original Poster

LAX -> BKK with AMS stop over

Anyone have an suggestions on a round trip *A award ticket (US miles) that would allow me to have a few days in Amsterdam while travelling to BKK from LAX?

Travelling in March of 2013 in business class if it matters. I have no preferance for carrier.
Old May 23, 12, 9:20 am

Not sure exactly what you're asking for? For the first leg, LH or TK can both get you there (or UA). There's a ton of options for the second leg. Nothing's direct through AMS, so you'll have to connect on the Continent or take the train or something.
Old May 23, 12, 9:32 am

Programs: US CP, DL PM, UA Silver, HU/TJ Air Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat (Yay!)
1. Read the US Airways handbook clearly and come to the realization that AMS isn't a *A hub, thus a stopover won't be permitted unless you play HUACA with the booking centre.

2. Come to the realization that Brussels and Dusseldorf are the two hubs with easy access to Amsterdam.

3. Download KVS and find availability.

4. Come to the realization that you will want to fly LX or one of the two TG 773 flights.

5. Kindly send me 100USD for my time.

6. Travel
Old May 23, 12, 9:32 am

It is pretty easy to get to AMS from FRA or LHR. You could get your award with a stopover in one of these two places and take the train or fly.
Likley better to ask in the US forum - there is a (very long) thread about booking these type of award tickets.
Old May 25, 12, 7:33 pm
Original Poster

LH457 can get me from LAX directly to Frankfurt. Then TG or LH can get me from Frankfurt to BKK nonstop. The train tip looks nice. ICE goes Frankfort to Amsterdam high speed. Very nice. We don't have any of those in the USA. thanks for the ideas all!
Old May 28, 12, 3:48 am
Marriott 5+ BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: AB*S, SPG Plat, MR Plat, IHR Gold, Accor Plat
There is a TGV also from Brussels to AMS, it's called Thalys, high speed train as well. But of course, FRA is a much bigger hub for *A and therefore, you would have better options with LH and TG.

Search this Thread