Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Global Airline Alliances > Star Alliance
Reload this Page >

Star Lounge at Barcelona Airport

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Star Lounge at Barcelona Airport

Search this Thread

Old Jul 23, 2013, 3:45 am

Programs: QF Emerald EY Plat HH D
Yes
I checked using the Aegean gold and same no access
amazing that they cant get even that right.
Old Nov 19, 2014, 4:16 pm

Programs: UA Gold, Flying Blue Gold
Originally Posted by shorthauldad
Flying out of BCN with LH in Y (Schengen), I hold *G via TK Miles & Smiles ... but the *A "Lounge Finder" says I don't get lounge access.

Even I pretend to be a LH SEN it still says no lounge access. Is this accurate (?!)
Even though it's an old thread, I'm just posting a remark as I just had the same problem. It seems to be due to the a conflict in multiple input: irrespective of your elite status, the lounge finder will give you no access as you have an 'economy ticket' on the left. I put the ticket and airline back to empty and just status and then it works.
Old May 31, 2016, 12:55 pm

Hi, I'll be flying out of BCN and LAX on the same trip and I have one day united lounge passes thru my united CC and was wondering which one was better to use my united passes for. I havent been able to find any updated info about whether there is a lounge at BCN for united international flights. Thanks!
Old May 31, 2016, 1:38 pm

Programs: UA 1MM 1K, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Explorist, status-free on AA, AS, B6, DL, WN, Amtrak, etc.
Originally Posted by faith1118
Hi, I'll be flying out of BCN and LAX on the same trip and I have one day united lounge passes thru my united CC and was wondering which one was better to use my united passes for. I havent been able to find any updated info about whether there is a lounge at BCN for united international flights. Thanks!
Sorry, those passes won't work in BCN or any other lounge that isn't an actual United Club. The BCN lounge, a contract one available to Star Alliance gold and higher, isn't all that... but neither is the LAX UC in its current condition. Sure you can't arrange to be re-routed through LHR?
Old Jun 1, 2016, 8:26 am

Unfortunately no ;P so LAX would be my only choice then?
Old Jun 1, 2016, 6:25 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K 1.8MM, Hertz PC, Marriott Platinum/Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by faith1118
Unfortunately no ;P so LAX would be my only choice then?
Assuming you are departing LAX to another destination? Then, yes.
Old Jun 1, 2016, 7:55 pm

Yup. Flying from lax to Mxp (Milan) then from Bcn to lax. Thanks for the help!
Old Oct 29, 2017, 9:52 pm

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
Of the 2 Star Lounges at BCN (per * website) which lounge is the better of the two? Thanks and safe travels
Old Oct 30, 2017, 6:19 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
You don't have a choice... one is in the schengen, the other in the non-schengen area.
Old Oct 30, 2017, 11:13 am

But if you want you can spend time in the one in the Schengen area before going through passport control into the non-Schengen area. Not that it matters, because both lounges are very similar.
Old Nov 7, 2017, 10:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

BCN is showing on the Fast Track list on LH.com, I presume thats still valid? This thread has mentions of no such service in the past.

Can I take a guest?
Old Nov 7, 2017, 1:53 pm

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
Originally Posted by hugolover
BCN is showing on the Fast Track list on LH.com, I presume thats still valid? This thread has mentions of no such service in the past.

Can I take a guest?
I just entered fast track on UA today it worked fantastically, If your star gold and above your golden. The entrance is to the far left of the regular security it's a very small entrance and you have to follow the signs to fast track. Thanks and safe travels… Oh and I have no idea about a guest unless they have star gold on their boarding pass. If not tell them you will meet them in the lounge
Old Nov 7, 2017, 5:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Flying Machine
I just entered fast track on UA today it worked fantastically, If your star gold and above your golden. The entrance is to the far left of the regular security it's a very small entrance and you have to follow the signs to fast track. Thanks and safe travels… Oh and I have no idea about a guest unless they have star gold on their boarding pass. If not tell them you will meet them in the lounge
Thanks for the info! I'll scan my BP and see if theirs is working too, if not, tell them to scuttle off to the legacy lanes. Safe travels.
Old May 30, 2018, 2:14 am

Programs: AC*SE 1MM
No Air Canada access to Joan Miro lounge at BCN

Just discovered that even though
Barcelona Airport - Star Alliance shows Air Canada on the Joan Miro list, they don’t actually let Air Canada *G’s in. (They were apologetic though.)
Old Mar 21, 2019, 3:20 pm
azj

Any experiences with the shower facilities in the non-Schengen lounge? I'll be out all day and would love to grab a shower before boarding my flight. Flying Turkish business.

Last edited by azj; Mar 21, 2019 at 3:29 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.