Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Global Airline Alliances > Star Alliance
Reload this Page >

Paid entry into CDG *A lounge

Old Apr 21, 2012, 12:48 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL Plat / UA Gold 1MM.

Is it possible to pay for entry into the Star Alliance lounge at CDG?

My partner and I are both *A Gold. We're traveling with my parents and brother from CDG to ORD on UA in May. My parents and brother have no status. Now that the CDG Red Carpet Club has closed we will have to use the *A lounge but according to the published rules we'll only be allowed two guests total. I'd like to take my brother, too. Is paid entry possible?
Old Apr 21, 2012, 3:14 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K 1.8MM, Hertz PC, Marriott Platinum/Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by WillFlyer
Is it possible to pay for entry into the Star Alliance lounge at CDG?

My partner and I are both *A Gold. We're traveling with my parents and brother from CDG to ORD on UA in May. My parents and brother have no status. Now that the CDG Red Carpet Club has closed we will have to use the *A lounge but according to the published rules we'll only be allowed two guests total. I'd like to take my brother, too. Is paid entry possible?
There is no paid access to *A lounges, unless you have Priority Pass, for example. I suspect you may be ok with your parents and brother. You are allowed direct family members. The lounge dragons may turn you away, but it doesn't hurt to ask. http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/star-...paris-cdg.html
Old May 14, 2012, 10:50 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL Plat / UA Gold 1MM.
For anyone interested the UA check in staff said that paid entry was not allowed and that I would not be allowed to enter with both parents. However, the gentleman at the lounge entrance made an exception and let both of my parents pass.

Also, the lounge isn't that amazing. It's about on par with a United Club, but with soup and a small selection of self-serve booze.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.