1 year off lifetime *A G

Old Apr 20, 2012, 7:31 pm
Original Poster

1 year off lifetime *A G

Now IAG has completed their takeover of BMI and confirmed the date DC will leave the *A, I have been denied the opportunity for lifetime gold - two years short.

Any suggestions?
Old Apr 20, 2012, 9:06 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K 1.8MM, Hertz PC, Marriott Platinum/Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by martin007
Now IAG has completed their takeover of BMI and confirmed the date DC will leave the *A, I have been denied the opportunity for lifetime gold - two years short.

Any suggestions?
Firstly, I'd suggest your thread is better off in the BD forum as it directly relates to that programme.
Secondly, and I don't mean to sound unreasonable, but on what grounds are you complaining? You say you're two years short of getting lifetime Gold -- that's a lot of flying. Why should BD or anyone else grant you an exception? Should they give everyone who is supposedly one year short an exception? How about everyone who is supposedly three years short? I'm afraid your complaint really doesn't hold any water and you need to move on.
Old Apr 21, 2012, 1:31 pm
Moderator: Asiana & Qantas Frequent Flyer
Aman Contributor Badge

Programs: QF SG, LH SEN, OZ D+, HH D, SPG P
Originally Posted by martin007

Any suggestions?
The only suggestion is to start over with another program which offers lifetime Gold. Like UA, SA, OZ etc. But programs which have decent benefits (like UA) have really high lifetime requirements and programs with easy lifetime requirements (OZ) have benefits far worse than BD.
But in any case, for most people it will be 5-15 years of flying to get to lifetime *G with any of them.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.