Wiki Posts
Search

Missing Connection

Search this Thread

Old Apr 15, 2012, 3:20 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA PLT; SPG GLD; HLT GLD
Missing Connection

I'm sorry for reposting this from the TK forum, but I would like to know before I need to leave for the airport.
I am flying DYU-IST-LHR
As of this moment, the flight from DYU is delayed by 80 mins, therefore considering I have a 1.5 hour connection, I am missing it.
I checked online and there are no available flights for that day in IST to LHR, at least no none stops that I see. However there are 2 BA flights, one of which still has econ seats available, although both have 2 buisiness class seats available.
Basically, I need to know what is going to happen, if the plane doesnt catch up and I do miss my connection, will I get put on the BA flights? Or will I be forced to wait until Tuesday night, the next available flight I see to Heathrow.
Is there any way they put me on a connecting flight to LHR, routed through some other country?
Also, this would be a pleasant surprise, would I be able to claim any kind of compensation or even better would be being upgraded to business class? Is that an option.

Thank you for your replies,
Zoui21
Old Apr 15, 2012, 6:55 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

It is possible that they will put you on the BA flight. It is possible they will put you on a connecting itinerary. And it is possible they'll make you wait for the next TK seat. It really just depends on what you can convince TK to do for you.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.