Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Global Airline Alliances > Star Alliance
Reload this Page >

...??? Flight BD 2805 operated by State Orenburg Aviation (R2)?

Old Mar 30, 2012, 9:47 am
Original Poster

Programs: M&M

Hi All,
I've booked a VIE-LHR-ICN flight with ebookers.at. On the e-ticket the VIE-LHR flight shows as BMI, and LHR-ICN as Asiana. I believe the eticket as a whole is issued under Asiana (starts with 988...)

Now,

from my reseach and trying to select seats, I found out the VIE-LHR BMI flight BD2805 is a codeshare operated by Austrian.

The big surprise came, when I opened my booking in austrian.com and saw the following

To: London/Heathrow
Departure: edit (local time)
Arrival: edit (local time)
Flight: BD 2805 State Orenburg Aviation (R2)
Tariff: Economy flexible/T

Hmm, any idea how the State Orenburg Aviation (R2) got involved in all this? Is there something messed up with my eticket?

edit: called up Austrian and Asiana. They both can see the ticket in their systems, but did not notice/explain the Orenburg glitch

Last edited by flynewb; Apr 3, 2012 at 3:23 pm
Old Mar 31, 2012, 1:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum

Did they forget to tell you the LHR-ICN is a codeshare flight operated by Air Koryo (btw, FNJ-ICN is a surface sector)?

Seriously, I doubt the BD flight will be operated Orenburg Aviation, although with the demise of BD anything is possible...
Old Apr 2, 2012, 3:00 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by Jasper2009
Seriously, I doubt the BD flight will be operated Orenburg Aviation, although with the demise of BD anything is possible...
Pretty sure that R2 is just a regional carrier for OS, and the "BD flight" is actually an OS flight so it seems quite possible. It will operate as an Austrian flight so no big deal to the OP, but I'd bet R2 really is the operator.
Old Apr 2, 2012, 3:30 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
OS 455 is also
(BD) bmi 2805
(AC) Air Canada 6161
(NZ) Air New Zealand 4855
(LH) Lufthansa 6400

The R2 thing is either a database glitch or a decoding of OAL (normally means 'other airlines') into Orenair:

http://www.airfleets.net/flottecie/Orenair.htm
Old Apr 3, 2012, 3:21 pm
Original Poster

Programs: M&M

thanks for the replies guys, hoping it's just some weird system translation glitch
Old Apr 3, 2012, 3:54 pm

Programs: BA Gold(OWE), QF LTG, MR Plat, IHG Spire, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by sbm12
Pretty sure that R2 is just a regional carrier for OS, and the "BD flight" is actually an OS flight so it seems quite possible. It will operate as an Austrian flight so no big deal to the OP, but I'd bet R2 really is the operator.
My partner has flown R2. It's definitely Russian and definitely not OS regional. I'm fact my partner remembers American style fridge freezers in the galley, full sink, hot & cold breakfast as well as vodka. I should also mention the strange curtains. Having said that, I think they probably restrict use of their Tupolev aircraft to within Russia.

Be prepared for an experience.
Old Apr 3, 2012, 3:56 pm

Programs: BA Gold(OWE), QF LTG, MR Plat, IHG Spire, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by oliver2002
OS 455 is also
(BD) bmi 2805
(AC) Air Canada 6161
(NZ) Air New Zealand 4855
(LH) Lufthansa 6400

The R2 thing is either a database glitch or a decoding of OAL (normally means 'other airlines') into Orenair:

http://www.airfleets.net/flottecie/Orenair.htm
ORB is their ICAO code so can't see translation from OAL.
Old Apr 4, 2012, 7:23 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by Traveloguy
My partner has flown R2. It's definitely Russian and definitely not OS regional.
Then it isn't the carrier operating this flight.
Old Apr 4, 2012, 7:38 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by Traveloguy
ORB is their ICAO code so can't see translation from OAL.
Their website is OAL.ru ICAO lingo doesn't enter GDS at all...

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.