Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Global Airline Alliances > Star Alliance
Reload this Page >

*A partner othen than UA that allows 1-way redemptions?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

*A partner othen than UA that allows 1-way redemptions?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 2, 2012, 5:09 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: Many
How exactly would that be 105k miles in J? As per great circle NRT-BKK-FRA-EZE-NRT is around 27,000 miles (ignoring the fact that I don't believe EZE-NRT exists), that would be 170k in business. I believe you were saying you have to depart from and return to the same country (in this case Japan). Even if you choose to "throw away" the last segment from EZE-NRT, wouldn't ANA charge you the full amount upon ticketing? Thus you would just be skipping a flight you've already paid for with miles?
Old Apr 2, 2012, 6:03 am

Programs: BD*G, BAGold, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat
Originally Posted by GetSetJetSet
How exactly would that be 105k miles in J? As per great circle NRT-BKK-FRA-EZE-NRT is around 27,000 miles (ignoring the fact that I don't believe EZE-NRT exists), that would be 170k in business. I believe you were saying you have to depart from and return to the same country (in this case Japan). Even if you choose to "throw away" the last segment from EZE-NRT, wouldn't ANA charge you the full amount upon ticketing? Thus you would just be skipping a flight you've already paid for with miles?
I said KIX-NRT was the final flight i.e. you are open-jawing the destination. So it is 15,926 miles. Therefore ANA would charge the full amount for 15,926 and not charge the amount for the distance between the open-jaw cities just the same as it wouldn't for say NRT-FRA, LHR-LIS-FRA-NRT.
Old Apr 3, 2012, 3:01 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by pogonation
I said KIX-NRT was the final flight i.e. you are open-jawing the destination. So it is 15,926 miles. Therefore ANA would charge the full amount for 15,926 and not charge the amount for the distance between the open-jaw cities just the same as it wouldn't for say NRT-FRA, LHR-LIS-FRA-NRT.
I'm sorry then, what is the actual itinerary in your hypo that adds up to 15,926 miles?
Old Apr 3, 2012, 6:57 am

Originally Posted by getsetjetset
i'm sorry then, what is the actual itinerary in your hypo that adds up to 15,926 miles?
nrt-bkk-fra-eze, kix-nrt
Old Apr 4, 2012, 1:33 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

nrt-bkk-fra-eze, kix-nrt
that's a valid ana itin?
Old Apr 4, 2012, 3:22 pm

Originally Posted by GetSetJetSet
that's a valid ana itin?
Think so
Old Apr 7, 2012, 3:07 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Think so
Has anyone booked something like this? If so that would be nice.
Old Apr 7, 2012, 3:34 am

Programs: SQ QPP, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Taj Inner Circle Gold
You would also have a hell of a lot of availability on USA-Asia in SQ premium cabins which UA can't get hold of ^ That would make it worth the extra $300 IMO.

SQ allows one way redemptions on all *A partners. LH will allow them from 01SEP onwards ^
For SQ - not all, No one-ways on TAP and SAS for example. No problem with the big airline partners,

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.