Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Global Airline Alliances > Star Alliance
Reload this Page >

Star Aliance Partner availability going crazy

Star Aliance Partner availability going crazy

Old Mar 26, 12, 5:16 pm
Used to be highman123
Original Poster

Star Alliance Partner availability going crazy

So I'm checking partner availability for a flight 4/19 or 4/18 SEA-FRA with LH in C or F - here are my results:

- united.com 4/19 shows one seat in F, can be booked on the website (went as far booking page)

- UA call center sees no F seat at all, instead sees a C seat on 4/18 (does not show on website)

- aeroplan.com shows F seat (no C) but brings up an error when trying to book it

- aeroplan call center sees no seats at all neither C nor F

- US Airways call center sees C but no F

- ANA website shows neither C nor F

- Miles&More sees C and F (was to be expected)

So has partner availability gone crazy? Has every partner (not just BMI/SQ/LH) come up with his own idea of availability now? Is that Starnet blocking?

Last edited by MightyTravels; Mar 26, 12 at 7:54 pm
Old Mar 26, 12, 7:49 pm

Programs: AS MVP 75K, DL Diamond, LH SEN, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Ambassador
UA has been showing phantom availability for several months. There's a 90% chance that flight won't ticket if you try to go all the way on UA's site.

Trust ANA's site over UA's except for SQ 77W/A380/A345 availability. UA will have more access to the bookable premium SQ seats than ANA's site.
Old Mar 27, 12, 1:21 am

Originally Posted by BryanIAH View Post
UA has been showing phantom availability for several months. There's a 90% chance that flight won't ticket if you try to go all the way on UA's site.

Trust ANA's site over UA's except for SQ 77W/A380/A345 availability. UA will have more access to the bookable premium SQ seats than ANA's site.
I got all excited when I found some TATL LH F on a Sunday this summer and it was phantom :/ I sent a PM to UA Insider. Hopefully they can fix this :/
Old Mar 27, 12, 6:16 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by wcalvert View Post
:/ I sent a PM to UA Insider. Hopefully they can fix this :/
I think they have far bigger problems to sort out right now...
Old Mar 27, 12, 11:46 am

Programs: UA Plat, 2MM
There are a ton of phantom availability on the UA website, especially with LH flights. I think most LH in F are not real. This problem was present before the merger of the systems.

As to all the other problems they have to deal with, I think a lot of them should have been dealt with before the merger.

Last edited by TonyBurr; Mar 27, 12 at 6:41 pm
Old Mar 27, 12, 1:59 pm

Originally Posted by oliver2002 View Post
I think they have far bigger problems to sort out right now...
While very true it is still nice to have the data point to throw into the file. This has been going on for months evidently. Evidently it is a small team of people that handle social relations including the UA Insider account here on FT
Old Mar 27, 12, 11:56 pm

Location: YVR - Vancouver, with most winter weekends in Whistler.
Programs: Aeroplan 35K, Marriott Titanium / Lifetime Gold, Hertz Five Star
This is almost an opportunity for Star Alliance to have their own booking system available on Star Alliance . com that is the one authoritative source on what is available and what is not, regardless of which FFP you belong to.

Would that be asking to much? Or exposing the truth too much??
Old Mar 28, 12, 1:47 pm

Originally Posted by worldtraveller73 View Post
This is almost an opportunity for Star Alliance to have their own booking system available on Star Alliance . com that is the one authoritative source on what is available and what is not, regardless of which FFP you belong to.

Would that be asking to much? Or exposing the truth too much??
Shoot, make it is as difficult as possible! I'll learn the tricks, the unwashed masses won't. UA (well, CO at the time) added LX availability to their website and all of the YUL-ZRH F availability instantly evaporated. Same thing with TK as well evidently. Glad I already booked my F segment there!

Search this Thread