Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Tools
Reload this Page >

*AwardFinder - Free Web-based *A Award Search

Old Jan 16, 2012, 12:33 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA

Thought I'd share an app I wrote with you guys to help in searching for *A awards.

Wrote this app for myself so I could save the trouble of logging into ANA and doing the search. The app also allows for multiple day searches so I would not need to repeat the search multiple times. Results are completely based on ANA's output. There are several upcoming features but I've yet to make them production ready.

I decided to make the app available to the public so everyone can use it to search for *A award inventory. I'm currently hosting it on an extra rackspace server I have so hopefully it's responsive enough! It's completely free for now, but I may put some ads on it in the future to cover hosting costs - if the demand is high.

Just enter the origin, destination (in airport code), date as well as number of days forward the app should search and click Search! Results are shown in real time as the search is being completed. The current UI isn't ideal but I will be improving on it continuously. Do let me know via this thread if there are any problems.

To access the app, click on this link! http://awardfinder.juny4ng.com
Old Jan 16, 2012, 3:11 pm

Programs: AC SE 1MM, UA 1K, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Marriott Gold Elite, Hertz PC
Works perfectly well, thanks so much!!!
Old Jan 16, 2012, 6:50 pm

Terrific resource! :-: Thanks so much. One question: when the result for business class says "connecting flights," what does that mean? Are seats available or not?
Cheers,
Susan
Old Jan 16, 2012, 9:26 pm

Great tool!
Sme suggestions:
- To make it easier to find what you want: what about color coding the results (available F seats in red, C seats in blue and Y seats in green)?
- Set the tables in html to a fixed with to make it easier to read and/or remove the header for each connection
- Add a filter to show only Itinaries where at least one flight has F or Y availability
- Add the number of passengers (or repeat the search automatically and show the number of available seats)
Old Jan 16, 2012, 11:50 pm
Original Poster

Thanks you all for trying it out! Will make it better
Old Jan 17, 2012, 12:14 am

Programs: M&M SEN, Amex Plat, Club Carlson, Marriott, HHonors & Accor Gold, Velocity Silver, Qantas Bronze
Nice tool, except that I am getting some weird results. In several cases, it says "Connecting Flights" (???) for availability in C. I think it is incorrect interpretation of C~ that ANA gives...
Old Jan 17, 2012, 12:59 am
Original Poster

Connecting Flights is actually Restricted. I'm currently pushing up an update to the tool - there will be a improved version soon.
Old Jan 17, 2012, 1:48 am

Programs: UA 1K, HH Diamond
Great job! Appreciate your efforts in coding up and sharing with the community!
Old Jan 17, 2012, 2:05 am

Programs: BD the last decent FFP
Originally Posted by Unterwegs
Great tool!
- Add the number of passengers (or repeat the search automatically and show the number of available seats)
+1

Amazing job!
Keep the updates coming.

GBM
Old Jan 17, 2012, 3:54 am
Original Poster

Updated the app based on suggestions. Improved UI + Filtering

Last edited by jyflyer; Jan 17, 2012 at 4:09 am
Old Jan 17, 2012, 5:11 am

thank you thank you thank you....
Old Jan 17, 2012, 6:08 am

Programs: A3 Gold, AY Silver
Seems very useful, keep up the good work! Getting the results took a while when looking for 7-10 days, but I guess that's just because of the repeated roundtrips to the ANA tool? Hopefully they won't block it.

Now I just need to collect enough miles to actually make use of the information...
Old Jan 17, 2012, 6:16 am

Programs: CO Plat; UA 1K; EK Gold
Very nice of the OP to do this!!
Old Jan 17, 2012, 7:45 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, TK Gold
Great tool. Thanks to the OP.

A great addition (though very difficult to implement I understand) is to go around ANA limited logic for connecting flights, as the actual possibilities are much grater.
Old Jan 17, 2012, 7:46 am

Programs: AA/United/Delta
Thanks for the great work. especially helpful for a newbie like me.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.