Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Global Airline Alliances > Star Alliance
Reload this Page >

Ana *a tool appears to be down

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Ana *a tool appears to be down

Search this Thread

Old May 16, 2011, 7:24 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by ig744
What is this *A tool & where do I find it? Do I need to open an ANA frequent flyer account just to use it? Thanks!
It isn't a "tool" so much as the ANA website for award booking. Yes, you need to open an account to use it. Make sure you use a valid address as if the welcome packet gets returned to sender they close the account.
Old May 17, 2011, 2:04 pm

I'm having a related problem with the ANA site. I can get into my account fine, and I can find non-ANA routes using the work-around. But the availability listed for these routes is horrible. I can find much better options just using the CO site, and I know that shouldn't be the case. What am I doing wrong? Searching between SFO & LIM next January.
Old May 17, 2011, 7:01 pm

Originally Posted by sukhoi_584th
What am I doing wrong?
If these are the actual airport codes you are putting in then this:
Searching between SFO & LIM next January.
LIM doesn't have a lot of *A service so you're basically going to need to search for SFO-IAH/EWR and then IAH/EWR-LIM. And if the points are in CO or UA then you should use co.com and search for connections in PTY.
Old May 17, 2011, 11:09 pm

Originally Posted by sbm12
If these are the actual airport codes you are putting in then this:

LIM doesn't have a lot of *A service so you're basically going to need to search for SFO-IAH/EWR and then IAH/EWR-LIM. And if the points are in CO or UA then you should use co.com and search for connections in PTY.
The whole routing I'm looking at doing is CLE-LIM-SFO. Now comparing the CLE-LIM leg:

On CO.com I get all sorts of options for the connection including EWR, LGA, YYZ, IAH, and a bunch with two connections (it maxes out the 50-result search limit).

On ANA I get four results with include EWR, LGA, and YYZ. IAH isn't listed at all.

With ANA do I need do search for single segments at a time, rather than flights that include a connection? Maybe I am expecting the tool to do too much.

Also thanks for the tip on COPA, I'm definitely looking at that option too. They are CO miles that I'm using.
Old May 18, 2011, 6:55 am

With ANA do I need do search for single segments at a time, rather than flights that include a connection?
Yes. :-:
Old Sep 15, 2011, 6:29 am

I haven't been able to get this to work for the last few months. I get the invalid session error, and I've tried logging in and out a few times. I have the latest Greasemonkey script and have tried in Chrome and Firefox.

Anybody have success with this lately?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.