FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Star Alliance (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/star-alliance-413/)
-   -   Avianca Joining *A--But March 1st? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/star-alliance/1187742-avianca-joining-but-march-1st.html)

globe_spinner Feb 24, 2011 11:42 am

Avianca Joining *A--But March 1st?

Flew to Columbia last week and flew Avianca (Wonderful Airline by the way), and as I am checking in at MIA I noticed that Avianca is right next to and included in the other *A airlines. They even have the poster in front of their check in-you know the one with the carriers of *A listed. I ask at check in if they are official yet and the woman tells me that I just missed getting miles. After March 1st I would have gotten credit on *A.

This is the first I heard that it is complete--didnt they just announce in Nov or Dec 2010?
:confused:

This is a great addition. monitors in the headrests--lots of entertainment choices. food service in all classes on short flights.

Then of course once back in the US I had to fly US AIR and it was a total BUCKET--no monitors--no food, no smiling faces--for 5 hours!!! I hate flying in the US. just hate it.:mad:

AdamSouthFL Feb 25, 2011 12:09 am

AV's new FF program, combined with TACA, launches March 1. The program will be called "Life Miles" :confused: but I'm not sure what the agent meant that you "just missed getting miles." It has been announced that AV/TA will have agreements with some *A FF programs, but their integration into *A probably won't be complete until next year. Perhaps after March 1 you could have credited your miles to a *A partner, but as of now no one knows who those partners will be, what earning rate, etc.

sbm12 Feb 26, 2011 10:00 am

The integration with CO/UA - both codesharing and FF reciprocity - is expected to happen on April 1.

The full integration into *A is expected in Spring 2012.

ORDnHKG Feb 26, 2011 7:57 pm

Originally Posted by globe_spinner (Post 15925353)
Flew to Columbia last week and flew Avianca (Wonderful Airline by the way), and as I am checking in at MIA I noticed that Avianca is right next to and included in the other *A airlines.

However, where AV located in MIA (J pier) also have LA, which is one world, and then also have AB, JM/BW. CO on the other hand use H pier instead with DL. Not to mention MIA still lack of a lounge all star carriers can use.

abcx Sep 14, 2011 1:21 pm

Originally Posted by sbm12 (Post 15936625)
The integration with CO/UA - both codesharing and FF reciprocity - is expected to happen on April 1.

The full integration into *A is expected in Spring 2012.

Any update on this?

skylarnyc Feb 15, 2012 9:43 am

Avianca *A Join Date ?

Any further word on this or on when FF reciprocity with UA/CO starts ?