Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Global Airline Alliances > Star Alliance
Reload this Page >

Anyway to check *A award seat availability?

Anyway to check *A award seat availability?

Old Dec 20, 10, 6:27 pm
  #1  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 251
Anyway to check *A award seat availability?

Hi All

You used to be able to sign up for an ANA miles account and log in to check availability on star alliance airlines.

However they have disabled this feature if you aren't an 'active' member!

Wondering if anyone else out there knows of any other way to check for *A airline seat availability for reward bookings?

thanks in advance
Ansett767 is offline  
Old Dec 20, 10, 6:43 pm
  #2  
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: NYC
Posts: 69,204
http://boardingarea.com/blogs/thewan...earch-problem/

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/star-...rd-search.html
sbm12 is offline  
Old Dec 21, 10, 12:00 am
  #3  
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: PHX
Programs: Airline Free Agent, Bonvoy Titanium
Posts: 3,642
AwardNexus.com

Free for a while since it's in its "beta stage". A FTer himself made this site and he appreciates feedback
Jimgotkp is offline  
Old Dec 21, 10, 12:07 am
  #4  
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: PHX
Programs: Airline Free Agent, Bonvoy Titanium
Posts: 3,642
delete
Jimgotkp is offline  
Old Dec 21, 10, 10:13 am
  #5  
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: 1K or FCL
Programs: *A GOLD, EL AL PLATINUM, ONEWORLD*SAPPHIRE, ACCOR CLUB PLATINUM, Human Race Platinum for life
Posts: 582
Originally Posted by Jimgotkp View Post
AwardNexus.com

Free for a while since it's in its "beta stage". A FTer himself made this site and he appreciates feedback
Any way to 'test' and to know how accurate awardnexus is?
HONcircle is offline  
Old Dec 21, 10, 12:19 pm
  #6  
KVS
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Worldwide
Posts: 12,927
Arrow

Originally Posted by Ansett767 View Post
You used to be able to sign up for an ANA miles account and log in to check availability on star alliance airlines.

However they have disabled this feature if you aren't an 'active' member!

Wondering if anyone else out there knows of any other way to check for *A airline seat availability for reward bookings?
Sure:

KVS is offline  
Old Dec 21, 10, 12:32 pm
  #7  
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: PHX
Programs: Airline Free Agent, Bonvoy Titanium
Posts: 3,642
Originally Posted by HONcircle View Post
Any way to 'test' and to know how accurate awardnexus is?
For ANA, yes. I checked availability on both systems and they were both showing seats for a specific flight I searched in the past. My FF isn't UA so I don't have to deal with StarNet blocking..
Jimgotkp is offline  
Old Dec 21, 10, 9:19 pm
  #8  
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: NYC
Posts: 69,204
Originally Posted by HONcircle View Post
Any way to 'test' and to know how accurate awardnexus is?
The underlying data source is the ANA site. If one is willing to concede that ANA is accurate then AwardNexus should be considered 100%.
sbm12 is offline  
Old Dec 21, 10, 9:42 pm
  #9  
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 242
Originally Posted by HONcircle View Post
Any way to 'test' and to know how accurate awardnexus is?
It's just as accurate as the ANA *A search it's based on. The advantage of using AwardNexus vs ANA directly or any other tool is that it's free and it allows for multi-day multi-route searches.
lopinc1 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search Engine: