Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Global Airline Alliances > Star Alliance
Reload this Page >

Which *A FFP should I choose?

Old Oct 19, 2010, 6:51 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA, AC, BMI

I am a BA Exec Gold card member but I have just moved to LA and I am about to start travelling quite a bit on Air New Zealand (business class) from LA to London and I want to know which *A FFP to join to get the best deal.

I am looking to gain status quickly so my check-ins are easy and I am looking for a program that will reward these flights well. I will be mainly travelling in business class and spending my miles on upgrading flights for holidays with my family.

I already have 78,000 miles on a BMI Diamond Club account (collected from card spending), 25,000 miles on AC Aeroplan from flying and 8,000 miles on Virgin. I was thinking of putting my first LAX-LHR return flight on my BMI account to push it over 100,000. Then I would spend that and open up a new account (possibly Air New Zealand?) to continue collecting and climbing in status. Or should I just stick with BMI as my Star Alliance membership?

Any advice? Thank you.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.