Wiki Posts
Search

usair to continental

Search this Thread

Old Sep 13, 2010, 9:45 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AmexPlat,SPG,CitiAA,One pass,
usair to continental

If I have us airway miles how can I use them to fly on continental being their in the same alliance. I am new to this. Thanks
Old Sep 13, 2010, 10:00 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
I don't know if US allows you to book Star Alliance awards online, but if not, you would just call USAir and tell them you want to book a Star Alliance award. Try to have all your options in mind before you call so you can ask for specific flights (if they matter to you).
Old Sep 14, 2010, 6:23 am
Original Poster

Programs: AmexPlat,SPG,CitiAA,One pass,
If I call us air tell them star alliance award if I use a continental saver award of 25000 miles rt I should only lose 25000 us air miles correct?
Old Sep 14, 2010, 10:25 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by Vacation time
If I call us air tell them star alliance award if I use a continental saver award of 25000 miles rt I should only lose 25000 us air miles correct?
Yes. That said, it only works that way because both US and CO have the same requirement of miles for a 25K award (domestic US). If there was an award where US charged more than CO for the same route you'd still be paying the US price since you are using US miles. Similarly, if the flight was fewer miles on US than on CO you'd get the lower rate.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.