Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Global Airline Alliances > Star Alliance
Reload this Page >

*G Lounge Access when flying Asiana domestic operated by Air Busan.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 15, 2010, 3:17 am
Original Poster

I have a trip where I plan to fly domestically PUS-CJU-PUS on OZ. And possibly PUS-GMP as well.

- The flights are operated by BX (Air Busan) and OZ doesn’t actually operate any flights on those routes.
- The Air Busan website doesn’t sell the route at all, which suggests that OZ has all the seats ... perhaps it is like a franchise operation.

Would anyone know if I can access the Asiana lounge at PUS and CJU for the above flights? I am a Star Alliance Gold member on NZ.

Thanks.
Old Aug 15, 2010, 5:11 am

Welcome to FT.

If the flight is operated by BX,there wouldn't be''any''
*G benefits for you
Except they got a very,very special agreement with OZ.
Old Sep 4, 2010, 10:28 pm

Programs: OZ*G_DMP, CX_MPC_DM, KE, AC, Hyatt Goldpass Platinum, Shagri-La GC Gold, SPG Plat 50
Originally Posted by tuxedo66
- The Air Busan website doesn’t sell the route at all, which suggests that OZ has all the seats ... perhaps it is like a franchise operation.

Would anyone know if I can access the Asiana lounge at PUS and CJU for the above flights? I am a Star Alliance Gold member on NZ.

Thanks.
AFAIK, infact, BX also sells its own tickets on BX coded flights, 5% cheaper than those OZ-coded flights. The only difference when buying an OZ-coded flight, with a 5% more, is that you can earn miles towards your Asiana Club account, but not on *A partners.

Last edited by Markie; Sep 4, 2010 at 10:47 pm
Old Sep 6, 2010, 12:36 pm

Programs: TK Elite Plus, IC Plat Ambassador, HH Diamond
If this is all part of a vacation I would suggest visiting Gyeongju for a day or 2 then flying Ulsan - GMP on OZ if *A earning is a must. Gyeongju is well worth a visit.
Old Jun 6, 2016, 1:15 am

Programs: UA OZ SPG HH IHG
Originally Posted by moeser
Welcome to FT.

If the flight is operated by BX,there wouldn't be''any''
*G benefits for you
Except they got a very,very special agreement with OZ.
Does that mean OZ elite members get similar benefits on BX as they would on a SA flight?
Old Jun 23, 2018, 11:47 am

Originally Posted by franktfd
Does that mean OZ elite members get similar benefits on BX as they would on a SA flight?
Does anybody know if OZ*G members get lounge access if they fly air busan?
Old Jun 23, 2018, 10:15 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond
Originally Posted by bevan7
Does anybody know if OZ*G members get lounge access if they fly air busan?
As long as your BP says OZ, then you should be able to access the lounge in Busan. I had no issues at all. It's a small lounge with few drinks and snacks that's all. I don't think they have any alcoholic drinks.
Old Jun 25, 2018, 1:25 am

Programs: AY, SQ, EK
Interesting question - this did not occur to me at all when I flew with Air Busan PUS-GMP last year. Admittedly this was booked on their own website, so would not have been an option in any case. Definitely a great deal in terms of price (KRW46k).

As for CJU-PUS, booked Jeju Air for that route. Was unable to make the booking on their own website, so used Expedia instead (seems to work well for domestic flights in Korea).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.