Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Global Airline Alliances > Star Alliance
Reload this Page >

Best way to get this route: London to Las Vegas, 9/6?

Old Aug 14, 10, 2:15 pm
Original Poster

Programs: United, American

I have a ticket from Paris, but can't seem to fly back from London. I've been calling everyday, but there is no availability. Anyone have any suggestions for the best way to get this route? The operators suggested calling after midnight, central time so I am going to try that. Another told me there is space, but just no super saver awards.

I also tried to use the ANA tool to check, but it doesn't seem to be working if you don't put any miles in it.

Just thought I'd ask the wisdom of this board since everyone here seems more experienced than I am with using the miles. Any suggestions would be great. Going to keep calling, but can't tell if calling every few hours is very helpful.
Old Aug 14, 10, 3:39 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

First off, there are a couple ways around the ANA limitations. One is here.

Beyond that, finding that award could be rather difficult given the holiday weekend. What program are you redeeming from? That might affect things though probably not as much. And what cabin (Y/C/F) are you looking for?

What routing do you currently hold? It might be useful to keep one of the segments you've already got but not others.
Old Aug 15, 10, 10:21 pm
Original Poster

Programs: United, American
Trying to use United / Star Alliance. Not sure about the cabin, just the economy saver where we use the least amount of miles. Currently, I have a route from Paris straight to the US. They can't seem to find anything from London. Maybe the other way is to ask them to find a route from London to Paris to the US?
Old Aug 16, 10, 9:46 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.021MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CWC Au-197; CCC Elite*; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by vegasgirl201 View Post
Maybe the other way is to ask them to find a route from London to Paris to the US?
There are no direct *A options from London to Paris. You might consider buying a cheap one-way on a low-fare airline or the Channel train.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: