Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Global Airline Alliances > Star Alliance
Reload this Page >

Logistics of obtaining/using Star Alliance status

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 5, 2010, 8:52 pm
Original Poster

Hi all,

I have a few questions as it relates to Star Silver status. I've visited the Overview of Star Silver Status thread and am familiar with that, but I have a few other questions.

I've been trying to find an answer to these questions on various FlyerTalk forums and threads over the past few weeks but haven't had any luck. It's possible that I have been looking in the wrong places, however. I apologize in advance if any of these are basic questions:

Background:
I just qualified for Silver Preferred status on US Airways for the 2010 program year.

1. As I just qualified for Silver Preferred status on US Airways, do I: a.) automatically receive Star Alliance Silver status, b.) have to do something else to "receive" or request Star Alliance Silver status?

2. Is there a separate Star Alliance Silver status number/card, or does the use of my US Airways Dividend Miles number on any applicable reservation automatically "inform" the airline of Star Alliance Silver status?

3. For example, I am flying internationally to Europe on United Airlines in February. Am I able to take advance of my Star Alliance Silver status? If so, how do I ensure that my Star Alliance Silver status is on my reservation? (related to question 2)

4. What other notes do you think I should know about obtaining the logistics of obtaining/ensuring Star Alliance Silver status.

Thanks in advance for your help.
Old Jan 5, 2010, 9:11 pm

Programs: US CP, Hilton Diamond, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Your US Silver card is your Star Silver card. Any of the other cards (Gold, Platinum, Chairman) serve as your Star Gold card.

There isn't a separate Star Silver card.
Old Jan 5, 2010, 10:25 pm

Programs: NZ*G ELT, VA-G
You US Silver card should feature the Star Silver logo which entitles you to Star Silver benefits. Other Star carriers will recognize your status simplying by providing your membership number.
Old Jan 6, 2010, 3:00 am

Programs: CX SL, AB Gold, AF/KL FB Silver, HU/HX Silver, SPG Gold
Of the three global alliances, Star Silver offers the least benefits, keep that in mind. Star Gold is when the good stuff comes.
Old Jan 7, 2010, 2:57 am

Programs: LH SEN/*G; OK+ Gold/ST Elite+; HHonors Gold; PriorityClub Platinium; GoldPointsPlus Silver
Originally Posted by toyotaboy95
Of the three global alliances, Star Silver offers the least benefits, keep that in mind. Star Gold is when the good stuff comes.
Yes, this is a sad fact I realized after being SEN for some years and just extended this till 2013... in SkyTeam - you can earn ElitePlus status, giving you *G level of benefits with just 30 flight segments a year - in OK Plus...
Old Jan 7, 2010, 5:37 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by alekwo
Yes, this is a sad fact I realized after being SEN for some years and just extended this till 2013... in SkyTeam - you can earn ElitePlus status, giving you *G level of benefits with just 30 flight segments a year - in OK Plus...
You can earn *G status with very few flights/miles in some programs, too. AC and BD come to mind.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.