How to Apply One Time Voucher Extension

Old Jan 15, 23, 9:51 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Gold, United Silver, AA Platinum
How to Apply One Time Voucher Extension

I got a spirit voucher last year mid June, in the email the customer support wrote:
I understand that you may not be able to redeem this before it expires. Due to circumstances, you may request a one-time extension for another ninety (90) days within six (6) months from the expiration date.
Has anyone tried extension for the voucher before? Any luck with that?
Old Jan 16, 23, 10:25 am

Originally Posted by zxybazh View Post
I got a spirit voucher last year mid June, in the email the customer support wrote:

Has anyone tried extension for the voucher before? Any luck with that?
mine is good til Aug; after u ask & get an extn, pls return to share / post... thx
Old Jan 16, 23, 6:53 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Gold, United Silver, AA Platinum
Sure will post my date point later. I probably gonna wait a while before calling. Another question is can I book a flight beyond my expiration date and if I cancel that flight does the voucher just disappear?
Old Jan 16, 23, 7:29 pm

Sure will post my date point later. I probably gonna wait a while before calling. Another question is can I book a flight beyond my expiration date and if I cancel that flight does the voucher just disappear?
believe the voucher could be booked after expy date, but it'll be gone if cancel... unless it would be manually adjusted with a valid reason(s)
Old Jan 16, 23, 10:58 pm

believe the voucher could be booked after expy date, but it'll be gone if cancel... unless it would be manually adjusted with a valid reason(s)
zxybazh likes this.
Old Jan 18, 23, 3:56 pm
Original Poster

Texted yesterday and got my voucher extended, however you need to keep in mind that spirit voucher only works for the flight part of the fare so if you got a cheap ticket like ~50, likely you can only apply $5 or less. You may want to see the breakdown before making the decision.
jjbiv likes this.

Search this Thread