Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cancelled Reservation Fraud

Search this Thread

Old Mar 7, 2022, 5:34 pm
Original Poster

Cancelled Reservation Fraud

I made a booking for a flight and cancelled it after couple of days. When i tried to book using the code,i realized that there's no balance in it. Customer service tells me someone else used the credit and they are investigating into the fraud. Each time i call,the customer rep gives me a different time frame for resolving the issue. The credit is set to expire in few more days..any suggestions on how this can be dealt ?
Old Mar 9, 2022, 10:29 am

Programs: AA LT PLT 3MM, Hilton/Marriott/SPG/Club Carlson GLD, IHG PLT
Have you tried approaching then via social media? If someone used your code in error, it shouldn't be that difficult to track the reservation that it was applied to, did they mentioned the reservation details? do you recognize it? You need to get this solved ASAP, other wise the value is gone.
Old Mar 9, 2022, 10:37 am
Original Poster

Thank you.Haven't tried social yet...but don't see anything effective based on responses.Yes,they know all the travel details - though i can't see it on my end,but strange that it would take 2 months to make the credit back. I even asked them to just extend the credit date validity, but the customer reps don't have access to do it :-(

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.