FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Spirit Airlines | Free Spirit (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/spirit-airlines-free-spirit-774/)
-   -   $2 Spirit Fare: LAS-LAX (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/spirit-airlines-free-spirit/1199748-2-spirit-fare-las-lax.html)

zigzagg900 Mar 29, 2011 1:24 pm

$2 Spirit Fare: LAS-LAX

Comes out to $49 RT ai. Tues and Weds only. Available through Sept. Several flights a day. Good for day or overnight trips.

xlax Mar 29, 2011 2:15 pm

Additional Charges?

Are they still charging for bags, whether checked or carried on? Any other "hidden" costs?

xlax

bidhere23 Mar 29, 2011 2:42 pm

Originally Posted by xlax (Post 16123807)
Are they still charging for bags, whether checked or carried on? Any other "hidden" costs?

xlax

Spirit charges for everything. As of today, more if you don't pay online > 24 hours in advance of departure.

javabytes Mar 29, 2011 3:52 pm

Originally Posted by bidhere23 (Post 16123953)
Spirit charges for everything. As of today, more if you don't pay online > 24 hours in advance of departure.

That's the $pirit.

iahphx Mar 29, 2011 5:02 pm

Originally Posted by bidhere23 (Post 16123953)

There is no bag fee if you carry-on something now larger than a normal (large) sized backpack or medium sized duffel.

You do have to pay a ticketing fee, so a $2 fare is really more like a $9 fare.

Still, obviously, dirt cheap if you're willing to fly them.

FlyMeToTheLooneyBin Mar 29, 2011 7:09 pm

Do you have to pay to use the lav?

How big of a bag can you carry on before they start charging you? Is a backpack okay? How about a roller bag?

Orange County Commuter Mar 29, 2011 9:59 pm

If they think it will not fit under the seat in front of you they charge And Spirit has no customer service. You get what you deserve for $2. Price is still too high for me

WittingGadabout Mar 30, 2011 9:31 am

I grabbed a couple for $39.40 ai

You can save about $16 if you were to ticket at an airport with a Spirit counter, but I figure $40 to do a quick overnight is better than fair. Not really a mileage run, but a cheap getaway.

aubreyfromwheaton Mar 30, 2011 11:15 am

i think u r wrong. i think u can get tix without the bs fee but not the ultra low $9 fare club or other special fares that u can get online

iahphx Mar 30, 2011 2:27 pm

Originally Posted by aubreyfromwheaton (Post 16128954)
i think u r wrong. i think u can get tix without the bs fee but not the ultra low $9 fare club or other special fares that u can get online

Yes, I believe that's correct. In another Spirit thread, somebody tried to buy one of the promo fares at the airport to save the fee and was told you couldn't do it.

As far as free luggage goes, the measurement restrictions are on the Spirit website. A normal carry-on rollerboard is too big. A decent sized backpack is OK. Most sophisticated travellers could pack for 3 or 4 days without having to pay the carry-on fee. Of course, most sophisticated travellers try to avoid flying Spirit. :)