New "Crime in Barcelona" thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New "Crime in Barcelona" thread

Search this Thread

Old Jan 15, 2010, 4:57 am

Programs: BA Gold · A3 Gold · DL Gold · VY apologist
Don't stand there waiting too long. The gypsies are liable to take your shoes!
Old Jan 16, 2010, 1:03 pm
Suspended

Programs: plat
If someone takes my stuff I will they will wish they had not done so.
Old Jan 18, 2010, 7:33 pm

Well, I was thinking of going to Spain for two weeks in March with my elderly mom to give her a break, but now I think I will simply go to the more civilized parts of Europe. Heck, even Italy or Greece seem better than this. I've travelled all over the world without any issues but I'm getting to the point where I'd rather not have to worry about stuff like this when I am on vacation.
Old Jan 19, 2010, 2:17 am

Great decision!
Old Jan 19, 2010, 7:02 am

Originally Posted by alanw
Great decision!
^

Heck, I’m too scared to walk out of my front door lately. I’m living close to Parc Guëll, and with all the tourists here I’m sure it’s one of the most dangerous areas in Europe!
Old Jan 19, 2010, 7:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF FB Platinum For Life (F+ Rouge Vintage®) / Hertz President's Circle / SNCF Grand Voyageur Le Club
Originally Posted by Koby
^

Heck, I’m too scared to walk out of my front door lately. I’m living close to Parc Guëll, and with all the tourists here I’m sure it’s one of the most dangerous areas in Europe!
I imagine you keep a vat (or several) of boiling oil handy to throw down on the hordes of criminals if they get too close to your building. Good luck.
Old Jan 19, 2010, 10:25 am

We used to do that; the gypsies stole the vat.
Old Jan 19, 2010, 12:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF FB Platinum For Life (F+ Rouge Vintage®) / Hertz President's Circle / SNCF Grand Voyageur Le Club
We used to do that; the gypsies stole the vat.
They are a shifty bunch.
Old Jan 27, 2010, 3:34 pm

Sorry????
Originally Posted by adcollect
If someone takes my stuff I will they will wish they had not done so.
Old Jan 28, 2010, 3:27 am
In memoriam

Amazing, really, the number of posts on this thread that attempt to downplay or ridicule those discussing the very serious issue of crime in Barcelona.

I was there.

I'm not going back to be a victim of the out of control street crime.
Old Jan 28, 2010, 4:21 am

Excellent choice! Next post be sure to throw in some more hyperbole. There's no telling how many lives it may save.
Old Jan 28, 2010, 9:56 pm
In memoriam

Excellent choice! Next post be sure to throw in some more hyperbole. There's no telling how many lives it may save.
Yep, that's the sort of smarmy, useless comments I meant.

Crime in Barcelona is a very real problem.
Old Jan 29, 2010, 1:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by biggestbopper
Yep, that's the sort of smarmy, useless comments I meant.

I can now beat absolutely everybody on this thread and truthfully say I've met someone who's son was recently shot in the neck and his body found in a suitcase in Valencia.

Don't anybody go to that region either!

Crime is a very real problem throughout Spain.

-
Is that better? The information is real, not hyperbole, so it must be useful.

Of course I must be insane, what with my intention to keep taking a small, innocent, defenceless child back to such a lawless and barbaric and uncivilised country and exposing her to all that crime and danger.

Please, everybody, for the sake of my young child (and others like her) continue to post about crime in Barcelona so that I may finally see reason and stop exposing her to such danger.
Won't anybody think of the children?!?
Old Jan 29, 2010, 4:10 am

And this is the kind of comments take make us react like that. With phrases like this, I imagine a city where drug gangs have shoot outs in the streets, the tourist buses are subject to armed robberies and where taking a wrong turn or stopping at a traffic light will get you killed.

And our point is that you do not risk more than your wallet. And to avoid being of victim of the "crime" here in Barna you only have to keep your eyes open and be careful where you keep your valuables.
Old Jan 29, 2010, 7:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I was there.
Yes, so was I.

I have been traveling to Barcelona for business and pleasure for over 20 years. I have walked, taxied, subwayed, etc all over the city at all hours of the day and night. I have been out very late, very inebriated (though only on my business trips, of course!). I have NEVER had a problem with safety, not one, in over 20 years.

Sure, crime happens, but it happens everywhere. I made a reference in an earlier thread about the police shooting dead a street vendor who had been scamming/intimidating tourists in Times Square at 11:15 in the morning, for godness' sake. Bad stuff can happen in any city, all over the world. BCN is not unique.

I have been traveling to Rio de Janeiro two or three times a year for the last 10 years. Now that's a city that could be considered dangerous. But I keep my eyes open and use common sense and I've never had a problem there, either.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.