Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Europe > Spain/Portugal/Gibraltar
Reload this Page >

Madrid Chamartin to MAD

Madrid Chamartin to MAD

Old Jul 30, 2009, 11:32 am
Original Poster

Programs: LH KL PC
Question Madrid Chamartin to MAD

I'll be arriving at Madrid Chamartin train station (from Valladolid) at 2pm this sunday. Then I've got a flight out of MAD T4 leaving at 4.15pm.

What would be the best way to get there ? Is there enough time to take the linea 10 metro to Nuevos Ministerios, and then the pink line to Barajas, or should I just jump into a taxi at the train station ?

How long would it take either with the metro, or the taxi ? How much would/should the taxi cost ?

I searched around a bit but didn't find anything interesting.
Thanks.
Old Jul 30, 2009, 12:33 pm

I've done the trip only once and from downtown madrid to MAD was easy and efficient. in my experience, it should work out if

you are in F or C or
you don't have luggage to check or
you fly intra EU

don't know about the time a taxi would take though.

hope someone with more experience on that matter can confirm this
Old Jul 31, 2009, 9:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Chamartin is north of the centre, so you won't have to go across town to Barajas.

I would get a taxi- shouldn't be more than 20 duros. Expect it to take just under half an hour.

Are you flying from T4 or T4S? If the latter, it will be a struggle- there are gates located 25 minutes (train + walk) from the check-in counters!
Old Aug 2, 2009, 2:53 pm
Original Poster

Programs: LH KL PC
Thanks for your answers.

We ended up taking a taxi, it took us 20 minutes and cost 25 EUR.
Old Aug 2, 2009, 3:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by graraps
shouldn't be more than 20 duros.
100 pelillas???

That's a blast from the past! Wasn't sure I'd ever see/hear anyone giving a price that way ever again.
Old Aug 2, 2009, 4:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by LapLap
100 pelillas???

That's a blast from the past! Wasn't sure I'd ever see/hear anyone giving a price that way ever again.
haha...I've seen it used a fair bit on sites like burbuja.info (which I read but don't contribute to)...and I can't get the song España va bien out of my head...

..."no tengo ni un p... duro"

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.