Search

7 hour stop-over in Madrid?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 29, 2007, 4:53 am
Original Poster

Programs: SK EBG
7 hour stop-over in Madrid?

Hi,

On my way from Stockholm to Malaga tomorrow Sunday, I have a 7 hour stop-over in Madrid (landing at Barajas at 11.55 and leaving at 19.10).

Is it worth going to Madrid downtown (have never been there, the option is to stay in the Star Gold lounge) and, if so, where exactly should I go?
Old Dec 29, 2007, 5:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Definitely worth going into the centre...The metro takes you there in 20 minutes for 2 euros.
There's a few good museums (Prado being #1), or you could just stroll around Paseo de la Castellana, Gran Via and the Puerta del Sol, then have a nice lunch in one of the trendy cafe/bars in Chueca.
I suspect you'll be on Spanair but, if you're flying IB and departing from T4 or (especially) T4S, allow a lot of time before your flight. Even with a boarding pass, I would aim to be at the airport a good 75 minutes before departure. In the other terminals, 45 mins are more than enough.

Last edited by graraps; Dec 29, 2007 at 5:53 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.