Wiki Posts
Search

Lisbon Airport, bring proof if you have an e-ticket

Search this Thread

Old Nov 18, 2007, 1:05 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Former NW Plat, now everybody's nobody, still have Gold w/ Marriot
Lisbon Airport, bring proof if you have an e-ticket

I had a flight out of Lisbon this weekend and they have a new security blockade up before you get to the ticket counters -- well at least some of them. I had an e-ticket and didn't feel the need to check in on line. I was heading to the KLM counter to check-in and was stopped and asked for my tickets. I remembered I had printed a receipt for the flight when I came to Lisbon. I dug through my papers and found it, showed it to the guard the return date and he let me through. If you don't bring a receipt showing you have an e-ticket, I'm not sure what you'd do. The sales counters were before this checkpoint, so you may be able to get one there (assuming there is someone there). I thought the fact that this checkpoint was before you get to the electronic kiosk's was silly (The TAP Portugal kiosk's were right behind the guards!).
I flew out of Lisbon a month ago and this wasn't there. Perhaps someone else has an idea what's going on?

Meanwhile, to the rest of you, heads up!
Old Nov 18, 2007, 2:29 pm

Programs: LH SEN
All I can say is: don't try to understand Portuguese logic. A lot of things there don't make and sense but, for them, it's all so obvious

(my family is from there, so I know what I'm talking about...)
Old Oct 14, 2008, 6:59 am

Programs: UA, AA, HH, MR
I'm going to Lisbon tomorrow...glad to know this. Thanks for the note.
Old Oct 14, 2008, 1:02 pm

This sort of thing isn't unique to Lisbon. I remember, a couple of years ago, having to show proof of travel before being allowed into the terminal building at Chennai (Madras). What happened to travellers who didn't have such proof (ticket, itinerary on a travel agent's letterhead, website print-out, etc), I don't know, but ostensibly they couldn't have entered the airport and so could not have travelled.

I guess the moral is always to have proof of travel with you at the airport...
Old Oct 15, 2008, 6:35 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, UA Silver, Mobile Passport Unobtanium
They've been doing this on and off at LIS for the past couple of years. A printed itinerary will work just as well as an e-receipt.
Old Oct 28, 2008, 12:23 pm

Programs: IHG Spire Amb, HH Diamond, DL Diamond and 1MM
Printed Ticket Receipt Also Helpful For Immigration

Last year, I did a MSP-->GTW overnight run. I have a U.S. passport, but British immigration was suspicious that I wouldn't leave their country because I anwered "One night" to the question "How long will you be staying in the United Kingdom?"

They let me in only because I produced an e-ticket receipt showing my departure flight the next day.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.