Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Europe > Spain/Portugal/Gibraltar
Reload this Page >

Cost effective phone cards in Spain

Old Oct 25, 07, 8:33 pm
Original Poster

I'm still looking for the best phone card to use for local calls in Spain. I've run into a wall searching for these cards online. Most of them, as stated on comfi dot com include an outrageous 99cent surcharge for calls made from a payphone.

Of course, I ONLY use payphones with my phone card and only this way, in addition to skype can I totaly replace my cell phone in expensive roaming zones (like spain). What I do is go to a payphone, and make calls using a toll free 1-800, or local equivalent. Thay way I can make the call for next to nothing (or free), and talk at low rates, 2 or 3 cents/minute. Last time I did this, I managed to squeeze a 10 dollar card for near to 3 months. I'd like to redo this in Spain, and elsewhere in Europe thereafter.

WHAT CARD AM I LOOKING FOR?
Old Oct 26, 07, 7:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I use multiple providers for my international calling needs:
Calling cards:
onesuite.com
accuglobe.com
flextelone.com

Callback and calling card:
callbackworld.com
enlinea.com

I have found that having multiple providers at my disposal increases the likelihood that my calling methods will be a) economical and b) available.

I also have an international roaming SIM card (TravelSIM), which I use with Enlinea callback to make outgoing calls.
Old Oct 26, 07, 12:49 pm
Original Poster

you're card companies have high rates for spain-to-spain calling. check out pingo.com
Old Oct 26, 07, 2:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I'm confused. I'm not the one making Spain-to-Spain calls--you are.

Also, from their T&C:
# Calls made from pay telephones are assessed an additional 65 cents USD per call made from payphones and certain other public phones in the US, and up to 99 cents USD in other countries;
# A monthly maintenance charge of 98 cents USD is assessed twenty-four (24) hours after sign-up and each month thereafter;
# Calls are billed in increments of one minute, with fractions thereof rounded up to one minute.

Those policies make it unattractive to me (though it may be fine for you).
Old Nov 15, 07, 11:22 pm

I'm using Pincity iTalk phone card when traveling in other countries. They have local access numbers in Spain, check here for the access number and rates http://www.pincity.com/wwlan_rates.asp.
Hope it's helpful.8

Search this Thread