central hotel in madrid

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

central hotel in madrid

Search this Thread

Old Jun 11, 2007, 9:57 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA plat, Hilton diamond, Marriott plat for life , BA silver, Hertz prez circle, Etihad Gold
central hotel in madrid

we are going to be in madrid for 3 days in middle august. any hotels which anyone can refer, mid range in price and centrally located.
thanks
Old Jun 11, 2007, 10:09 am

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/annou...hp?f=607&a=136

Mike
Old Jun 11, 2007, 11:42 am

Programs: SPG Platinum; Hyatt Platinum; UA 1K
This appears to be misposted in Hotel Deals.

I am moving it to the Europe forum.

VPescado
MR Forum Moderator
Old Jun 11, 2007, 8:43 pm

Programs: UA lifetime gold; Hilton Gold; Marriott/SPG Plat; Hyatt Discoverist
Last time I stayed at the Hotel Arosa. It is part of the Best Western chain and it is 50 ft. off La Gran Via. Great location. 4* hotel at very good price (less than 100 euros for double).
Try the website http://www.hotelarosa.com/ but also try making a reservation through www.bestwestern.com.
they also have free wireless internet in the whole building.
Old Jun 14, 2007, 10:07 am

Programs: US Chairmans, AA Lifetime Gold, SPG Platinum
Originally Posted by RAJWADIA
we are going to be in madrid for 3 days in middle august. any hotels which anyone can refer, mid range in price and centrally located.
thanks

Madrid empties out in mid August so make sure to get a great price wherever you go. In the middle price range, I like Hotel Lope de Vega and Hotel NH Embajada.

Look up the price scale a little bit as there should be great deals.
Old Jun 18, 2007, 7:28 am

The Hostal Jerez is good (it's a hotel, not a hostel)

Comfortable rooms, basic amenities - 50 Euros per night.

Located off of Gran Via in central Madrid, overlooking the city. Close to everything.
Old Jun 18, 2007, 1:51 pm

We booked Lope de Vega through hotels.com so I am thankful to hear it is a nice place. Will be there early July.
Old Jun 18, 2007, 1:56 pm

See if Solmelia.com still has their summer deals for Madrid available, particularly for Tryp hotels.

We got an excellent deal two years ago for the Tryp Cibeles, a 4* hotel on Gran Via. For 68 Euros plus 7% tax, we had a lovely room and a great included breakfast. This location is very central. There are a number of Tryp hotels in this general area.
Old Jun 21, 2007, 10:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I like Hotel Bauza en the barrio de Salamanca. The Goya metro stop is 1 minute away (walking) and there are tons of great places for "tapa-ing."
Old Jun 24, 2007, 9:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Miler (lite). NY Metro area.
Originally Posted by WillTravel
See if Solmelia.com still has their summer deals for Madrid available, particularly for Tryp hotels.

We got an excellent deal two years ago for the Tryp Cibeles, a 4* hotel on Gran Via. For 68 Euros plus 7% tax, we had a lovely room and a great included breakfast. This location is very central. There are a number of Tryp hotels in this general area.
We stayed at and enjoyed the Tryp Rex on Gran Via. I thought it was 3 1/2 stars. Central location. Not to far from Plaza Major. Long walking distance to the Prado.
Old Jun 30, 2007, 3:17 pm
Suspended

Programs: United 1K, HHonors Gold, MR Gold
I've stayed at the H10 Villa de la Reina, on Gran Via, a few times (the last time in spring 2005). It was a good price (around 100 euros), a very convenient location for business (I had meetings at the Bank of Spain on two of the trips) and sightseeing (it's close to the Prado). I liked the modern, clean-lined decor and they had a very good breakfast. The bedroom was a bit small (but comfortable), while the bathroom was was very stylish and well-appointed.
Old Nov 11, 2007, 10:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Hotel in Madrid for Dec 26-30

Ok, I'm trying to choose between 2 hotels in Madrid. The first one, where I already have a reservation, is Hotel Mora, Paseo del Prado, 32, near the Museo del Prado, at 75€/night tax included, www.hotelmora.com and the other is Hostal (or Residencial) Buenas Aires, an HN hotel on Gran Via, 32, is in the old quarter, where I can get a room for 60,50€ tax included. http://www.residenciabuenosaires.com...quienes-somos/. The first one got some good reviews and some so-so, but I can't find any reviews for the second one. Hotel Mora seems to be closer to the major attractions.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.