Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Lisbon Taxis

Search this Thread

Old Mar 7, 2006, 3:00 pm
rje
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Gold,United Silver,Delta Silver,Hhonors Diamond., SPG platinum, Priority Club Plat.
Lisbon Taxis

Does anyone know if taxis in Lisbon take credit cards?
Old Mar 7, 2006, 3:23 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by rje
I've never paid for a taxi by credit card in LIS and most are not equipped for such as far as I could tell. Even if I were able to pay by credit card, I would not. Some of the unsavory taxi cab drivers I've had to deal with there -- including the ones trying to fleece me who were thinking that I don't know the city well enough from the airport to the hotel to know they were taking me for a ride even as I noted mistakes -- I barely trusted to make fair change.
Old Mar 8, 2006, 12:32 am
tyn

Originally Posted by rje
I very much doubt, and in my experience the fares are so blissfully cheap that it's rarely worth using a credit card

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.