Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Europe > Spain/Portugal/Gibraltar
Reload this Page >

Bario Gotico good place to stay in Barcelona?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 10, 2005, 3:00 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: DL SM, UA MP.

Thinking of renting an apartment just a couple of minutes from Plaza Catalunya.

Could crowds and noises be issues?

This would be for the last week in March.

Suggestions for other neighborhoods would be appreciated.
Old Dec 13, 2005, 10:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Don't see why you'd have more problems there than anywhere else. I'd say this was a very good area to stay in.

And crowds and noise are relative, just go down the coast to Valencia on March 19th and you'll understand what crowds and noise REALLY means
Old Dec 13, 2005, 11:51 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: DL SM, UA MP.
What's on March 19th?

My only concern was that being close to the Pl. Catalunya, there would be a lot of people drifting around to nearby streets. This place is described as 2 minutes away and their map show it right there.

They do have other flats within Bario Gotico further away.

I've also seen Frommer's maps which show most of the hotels are further south down the Rambla. Not sure if this is good or bad necessarily.

OK, thanks, will see how it goes. Probably look to book after the New Year.
Old Dec 20, 2005, 5:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

There aren't really any truly quiet places to stay in Barcelona, not with good transport connections. And in all honesty you are more likely to be kept awake at night in what you'd imagine to be a quiet back street - finding out when you get there that the area is lined with bars that open at 11pm.

Foot traffic around Pl. Catalunya will drop off once the metro system closes down anyway.

As for March the 19th in Valencia - it's St Joseph's day and the city comes alight (quite literally) with one of the most awesome (and loudest) festivals in the world - Las Fallas. Film and pictures will never do it justice, the only way to experience it is being there.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.