Wiki Posts
Search

Carjet auto hire in Spain

Search this Thread

Old Oct 29, 2004, 1:46 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA MARRIOTT Lifetime Plat Premier ; Marriott Vacation Club
Carjet auto hire in Spain

We're doing 6 nights in Malaga in January, and are shopping car hire quotes.

At Europcar, I find a rate of $350 USD, ( all inclusive VAT etc. ) for a compact Meriva 1.7L manual.

Carjet has a Renault Clio 1.4 L MT for $133 USD ( includes VAT etc. ).

This is a huge price difference. What sort of experience have folks had with Carjet in Spain? Are they located at the airport or are they off site? Any comments or experiences are appreciated.

Barry
Old Oct 31, 2004, 7:49 pm

Programs: US Chairmans, AA Lifetime Gold, SPG Platinum
No experience with Carjet, in fact I´ve never heard of it.

Check pepecar.com

This is a very reputable organization, rates are very low (EUR 14-18 per day in January) They usually rent Mercedes A class vehicles, which are very small minivans but it looks like the Malaga vehicle is a Hundai Matrix. You have to walk a few minutes to the office...I have seen it outside Malaga airport and it is probably a 5 minute walk at most.
Old Dec 2, 2004, 5:15 pm

Originally Posted by jerseyfinn
We're doing 6 nights in Malaga in January, and are shopping car hire quotes.

At Europcar, I find a rate of $350 USD, ( all inclusive VAT etc. ) for a compact Meriva 1.7L manual.

Carjet has a Renault Clio 1.4 L MT for $133 USD ( includes VAT etc. ).

This is a huge price difference. What sort of experience have folks had with Carjet in Spain? Are they located at the airport or are they off site? Any comments or experiences are appreciated.

Barry
Don't know if you are still shopping around or decided on pepecar, but I did use carjet out of Malaga airport with great success a couple of years ago. They don't have their own cars, they are simply a broker business. The car we rented, a Ford Focus, was almost completely new, very cheap, and had insurance with no excess included in the price. A very good deal indeed! The car was in the airport garage, so no need for taxis or shuttle buses...
I don't know how the situation is now, though, but try sending them an email with questions if you cannot find the answer on their web pages - they reply quickly!
Old Dec 6, 2004, 6:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

solmar are good

Used this company a couple of times and they have always been cheap and reliable with decent cars.

http://www.solmar.es/
Old Dec 6, 2004, 10:07 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA MARRIOTT Lifetime Plat Premier ; Marriott Vacation Club
Thanks all for your replies.

I book with Carjet a few weeks ago. It's good to hear that others have had good experiences with them.

LapLap, I look at the Solmar site and prices are similar to Carjet. We've only been through AGP one other time so I did not notice them. Is Solmar located on the groundfloor concourse with the other rental companies?

It's helpful to know who some of the reliable and reasonably priced companies are since we now own a timeshare near Marbella & will be coming out on at least an annual basis.

Barry
Old Dec 7, 2004, 8:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jerseyfinn
Thanks all for your replies.

I book with Carjet a few weeks ago. It's good to hear that others have had good experiences with them.

LapLap, I look at the Solmar site and prices are similar to Carjet. We've only been through AGP one other time so I did not notice them. Is Solmar located on the groundfloor concourse with the other rental companies?

It's helpful to know who some of the reliable and reasonably priced companies are since we now own a timeshare near Marbella & will be coming out on at least an annual basis.

Barry
I've only used SolMar from Murcia(San Javier) Airport and from Alicante, so I don't know where they are in Marbella/Malaga. Sorry.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.