Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Check in time for early morning Barcelona departure

Search this Thread

Old Sep 22, 2022, 11:00 pm
Original Poster

Check in time for early morning Barcelona departure

I will be taking a KLM flight from Barcelona to Amsterdam at six twenty a.m. in mid October, flying first class with a U.S. passport.

What is a reasonable time to arrive at the airport? I'd like to be on the safe side as all the other flights out that day cost thousands of dollars more than the one I have.

Please note that as of three days ago the airport is not requiring any kind of COVID check or QR code, if that matters.

I have yet to determine whether I will check in my luggage or not. My connection time at Amsterdam—to LAX—is quite short but I'm not that invested in having my luggage arrive in LAX with me; I'll be tired and close to my home when I get there. But if it won't take particularly long to check luggage at that time I'm open to it; just trying to minimize my check in time.

Thank you!

Last edited by bennette; Sep 22, 2022 at 11:11 pm Reason: Forgot detail
Old Sep 23, 2022, 3:11 am

Programs: IB+, BAEC
You never needed a QR code to leave Spain, it was just entering.

Regardless, an hour before should be plenty at that time of day. Won't be any traffic on the road and luggage check should be quick if you want from the business check-in line.
Old Sep 23, 2022, 7:23 am
Original Poster

As you can see it's my first time to Spain! Sorry for the QR confusion.

Thank you; I was thinking an hour seemed reasonable but you never know!

Have a great night.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.