Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Europe > Spain/Portugal/Gibraltar
Reload this Page >

PCR Testing in Barcelona

PCR Testing in Barcelona

Old Aug 11, 2021, 5:50 am
Original Poster

Programs: AC E75K
PCR Testing in Barcelona

Hello - I'm a fully vaccinated Canadian traveling to Barcelona and Valencia next month. My current understanding is that there are no entry restrictions or requirements for Canadians other than filling in the government's health form and getting the FCS QR code.

To return to Canada, however, I need to get a PCR test within 72 hours of my departure flight to Canada. Does anyone have recommendations for fast and free / cheap PCR tests in Barcelona?

Many thanks!
Old Aug 11, 2021, 1:15 pm

Programs: AA Platinum Pro (LT Gold), Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium, National Exec,Hyatt,Melia, BA Exec, Iberia+
I’m not aware of any free locations. Here are all the places I was given by my hotel when there last month (apologies, it’s in Spanish as I also speak Spanish, but you should be able to get the gist). Most PCR ones are €120 or more. The US only requires antigen, so I did that.
  • FAGRON
Marcos Vinzia

Tlf: +34 670 053 361

Email: [email protected]
Desplazamiento a hotel:

Antígenos: 20€ - Necesita el Nombre y Pasaporte por adelantado

Pcr: 120€ (resultados por la tarde del día siguiente)

Pcr urgente: 150€/persona (10 horas aprox.)

Calle J.V. Foix 63-71, 08034 Barcelona - Sin cita previa para antígenos

El horario de realización del test en TEKNON es de L a V de 8h a 8h y el fin de semana de 8h a 15h.
  • Servitest: Calle de Ausias March, 12,08010 Barcelona
Se puede gestionar cita previa online: https://servitest.reservio.com/
Precio test: 120€/pax

Precio visita: 28€/pax

(Para nosotros 10%)

*Antes de las 11h por la tarde. Después 24h.
Old Aug 11, 2021, 2:41 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by spainlover
I’m not aware of any free locations. Here are all the places I was given by my hotel when there last month (apologies, it’s in Spanish as I also speak Spanish, but you should be able to get the gist). Most PCR ones are €120 or more. The US only requires antigen, so I did that.
  • FAGRON
Marcos Vinzia

Tlf: +34 670 053 361

Email: [email protected]
Desplazamiento a hotel:

Antígenos: 20€ - Necesita el Nombre y Pasaporte por adelantado

Pcr: 120€ (resultados por la tarde del día siguiente)

Pcr urgente: 150€/persona (10 horas aprox.)

Calle J.V. Foix 63-71, 08034 Barcelona - Sin cita previa para antígenos

El horario de realización del test en TEKNON es de L a V de 8h a 8h y el fin de semana de 8h a 15h.
  • Servitest: Calle de Ausias March, 12,08010 Barcelona
Se puede gestionar cita previa online: https://servitest.reservio.com/Precio test: 120€/pax

Precio visita: 28€/pax

(Para nosotros 10%)

*Antes de las 11h por la tarde. Después 24h.
Ah ok. Thanks very much!

Annoying that the Canadian government remains so intent on discouraging travel (but not at all in 2020...).
Old Aug 12, 2021, 1:14 am
Marriott 10+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Bonvoy LT Gold, IHG Gold, BAEC Silver, TP Silver
Iberia has some discount code available on their website for QuironSalud. I used it when I was in the Canary Islands. Nobody checks whether you actually fly IB or not....
Old Aug 12, 2021, 5:12 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by enelym1978
Iberia has some discount code available on their website for QuironSalud. I used it when I was in the Canary Islands. Nobody checks whether you actually fly IB or not....
Oh thanks for the pro tip!
Old Aug 12, 2021, 5:20 am

Originally Posted by capedreamer
Oh thanks for the pro tip!
https://www.quironsalud.es/qp-iberia/en

I had some trouble registering online, as they were asking for a local Spanish ID number, not sure if it's been rectified bu their live chat is quite efficient, I did it through the live chat without any problems. Just make sure you give them the code before they email you the payment link.
Old Aug 12, 2021, 6:04 am
Original Poster

https://www.quironsalud.es/qp-iberia/en

I had some trouble registering online, as they were asking for a local Spanish ID number, not sure if it's been rectified bu their live chat is quite efficient, I did it through the live chat without any problems. Just make sure you give them the code before they email you the payment link.
Thank you! Btw, before seeing your link, I went to Iberia's website and found a few other providers that seem to be offering similarly priced tests:

QuironSalud - €90
Melio - €89
Eurofins - €85

All three have testing locations ~30-40 minutes from my hotel in the 22@ district. Is there any particular reason you went for QuironSalud? FWIW, I had a good experience with Eurofins in the Netherlands.
Old Aug 12, 2021, 7:27 am

Yes there are other providers on IB's website and they also have a 10% discount with one of them. I picked this one because of convenience and because of timing. My test had to be done 72h prior to my flight and it was hard enough to find a location that had slots that fitted my needs and timing.

The experience was good, except that the staff at the lab did not speak a single word of English.... I can speak some Spanish so it helped but I'm sure you can do most of it with gestures all your info are provided online at time of booking anyway.
Old Aug 12, 2021, 8:24 am
Original Poster

Yes there are other providers on IB's website and they also have a 10% discount with one of them. I picked this one because of convenience and because of timing. My test had to be done 72h prior to my flight and it was hard enough to find a location that had slots that fitted my needs and timing.

The experience was good, except that the staff at the lab did not speak a single word of English.... I can speak some Spanish so it helped but I'm sure you can do most of it with gestures all your info are provided online at time of booking anyway.
Ok good to know! I also have a 72-hour requirement. Looks like appointments for mid-September haven't fully opened up yet so will book closer to the date. Thanks again!
Old Aug 19, 2021, 3:57 pm

Does anyone know of any sites that provide test results in English? I may need this to enter Hungary after leaving Spain.

Thank you so much!
Old Aug 19, 2021, 8:29 pm

Programs: AA Platinum Pro (LT Gold), Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium, National Exec,Hyatt,Melia, BA Exec, Iberia+
Here’s a list I was provided by my hotel (sorry, email is in Spanish since I speak Spanish). I used the top one and results were in English. I imagine all the places listed offer in English as my hotel was a Marriott property with many/most guests needing tests to return to the US.
  • [size=11pt]FAGRON [/size]
[size=11pt]Marcos Vinzia[/size]

[size=11pt]Tlf: [/size][size=10pt]+34 670 053 361[/size]

[size=11pt]Email: [/size][size=5pt][email protected][/size]
[size=11pt]Desplazamiento a hotel:[/size]

[size=11pt]Antígenos: 20€ - Necesita el Nombre y Pasaporte por adelantado[/size]

[size=11pt]Pcr: 120€ (resultados por la tarde del día siguiente)[/size]

[size=11pt]Pcr urgente: 150€/persona (10 horas aprox.)[/size]

[size=10pt]Calle J.V. Foix 63-71, 08034 Barcelona - Sin cita previa para antígenos[/size]

• [size=11pt]Quirón Salud: [/size][email protected][size=11pt] / [/size][size=11pt]901 123 456[/size]
[size=11pt]El horario de realización del test en TEKNON es de L a V de 8h a 8h y el fin de semana de 8h a 15h.[/size]
  • [size=12pt]Servitest:[/size][size=12pt] [/size][size=11pt]Calle de Ausias March, 12,08010 Barcelona[/size]
[size=11pt] Se puede gestionar cita previa online: [/size][size=11pt]https://servitest.reservio.com/[/size]
[size=11pt]Precio test: 120€/pax[/size]

[size=11pt]Precio visita: 28€/pax[/size]

[size=11pt](Para nosotros 10%)[/size]

[size=11pt]*Antes de las 11h por la tarde. Después 24h.[/size]
pluu1285 likes this.
Old Aug 24, 2021, 2:49 am

Thanks for all the help!

I ended up contacting a Spanish buddy who had a friend who worked at Synlab (https://synlab.es) - they have multiple locations throughout Spain. The website is easy to make an appointment in English. I took the test around 5pm and received results the next morning. 2 Reports were provided, one in Spanish and the second translated in English. It was only about 20 mins through metro and walking from Placa de Catalunya. Very easy and it was not in a touristy area, so no lines and less hectic.

Also, if you are staying near La Rambla, I did come across another one that seemed popular for tourists. There was a queue outside the small building. It was just west off the corner of La Rambla and Carrer de - L'hospital on the north side (google 'Rey de istanbul restaurante' and it's near there). They said it was 12-24 hours for results, depending on if you come in the morning or evening.

Hope this helps future travelers.
Old Aug 24, 2021, 5:23 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by pluu1285
Thanks for all the help!

I ended up contacting a Spanish buddy who had a friend who worked at Synlab (https://synlab.es) - they have multiple locations throughout Spain. The website is easy to make an appointment in English. I took the test around 5pm and received results the next morning. 2 Reports were provided, one in Spanish and the second translated in English. It was only about 20 mins through metro and walking from Placa de Catalunya. Very easy and it was not in a touristy area, so no lines and less hectic.

Also, if you are staying near La Rambla, I did come across another one that seemed popular for tourists. There was a queue outside the small building. It was just west off the corner of La Rambla and Carrer de - L'hospital on the north side (google 'Rey de istanbul restaurante' and it's near there). They said it was 12-24 hours for results, depending on if you come in the morning or evening.

Hope this helps future travelers.
Thanks! Do you know the pricing for either option? I couldn't find it on the Synlab website.
Old Aug 24, 2021, 5:19 pm

Originally Posted by capedreamer
Thanks! Do you know the pricing for either option? I couldn't find it on the Synlab website.
i tried to find the price for Synlabs on the website but couldn’t find it. My buddy got me the local discount so it was 60 Euro. I’m guessing most places are anywhere from 90-120 EUR.
capedreamer likes this.
Old Aug 24, 2021, 5:20 pm

Originally Posted by pluu1285
i tried to find the price for Synlabs on the website but couldn’t find it. My buddy got me the local discount so it was 60 Euro. I’m guessing most places are anywhere from 90-120 EUR.
PCR test are all consistently in the higher range (above 80 euro) It’s the antigen tests that are around 20-40 Euro I think.
capedreamer likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.