Madrid Airport Covid Test

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 8, 2021, 2:02 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM, UA Gold, Marriott Plat Prem., Hilton Gold, National Exec Elite.

We are getting tested tomorrow at the Madrid airport - T4 - any experiences? Do appointments run on time, etc?
Kimberly Neuterman likes this.
Old Jun 15, 2021, 1:14 am

Hi! Tedgrrrr Can you tell me how your experience was at the airport testing center? Was it punctual and results received as promised? I booked my test at 12:50pm for a 16:50 flight to JFK, but am worried about potential delays. Thanks so much!

Last edited by Kimberly Neuterman; Jun 16, 2021 at 3:01 am Reason: To tag OP
Old Jun 21, 2021, 1:41 pm

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GFL, Iberia Plus Platino, Accor Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Hi Kimberley

is this for a PCR or Antigen test ? If this is for the latter then I think you will be ok. If its for a PCR test then I don't think you've left enough time. Although they are pretty quick at Madrid you need to leave at least 8 hours for a PCR test result
Old Jul 9, 2021, 8:09 pm

Originally Posted by Kimberly Neuterman
Hi! Tedgrrrr Can you tell me how your experience was at the airport testing center? Was it punctual and results received as promised? I booked my test at 12:50pm for a 16:50 flight to JFK, but am worried about potential delays. Thanks so much!
how did it go? did you have to get a boarding pass first to access the testing center?
Old Jul 10, 2021, 8:13 pm

Programs: DL DM/MM; Hilton Diamond; National Exec
Originally Posted by David Lee
did you have to get a boarding pass first to access the testing center?
We got the antigen test on Monday. They asked for a boarding pass to enter T4 and we did not have one, and explained we were there for the covid test and they waved us through. We arrived about 30 minutes prior to our appointment time and they took us right away. The results came by email about 15 minutes later. There was a long line of people without appointments and that line hardly moved in the 5 or so minutes we were there.
seanp7 likes this.
Old Aug 1, 2021, 3:15 am

Programs: BA (LTG), Miles&More (whatever the lowest level is), Oyster card (zones 1-2)
Antigen test/Madrid airport

Hoping to get a cheeky last minute citybreak to Madrid next weekend if the UK government allows. Does anyone have any experience of Madrid airport, and is it possible/how easy it is to get a rapid antigen test which will give me a certificate that meets UK gov standards for my return?
Old Aug 1, 2021, 3:38 am

Yes it's possible, but book the test as soon as possible as they sell out quickly - especially at the weekends when the test places in the city are closed.

https://travelcovidtestcenter.com/ae...suarez-madrid/

I found getting a test in Spain more complicated than other EU countries - next time I would use the qured type of tests that you can do in your hotel (supervised by video). They can be a bit more expensive, and you need to order in advance but much easier.
Old Aug 1, 2021, 4:45 am

Programs: BA Gold, Marriott Titanium
When I turned up for my appointment last week, there was nobody waiting in the queue for walk-ins, despite all appointments being fully booked for the entire day (and for multiple days either side).
I had booked mine to coincide with my arrival from Malaga - results in my email account before I got into a taxi to the city centre.
Old Aug 2, 2021, 8:40 am

Programs: BA (LTG), Miles&More (whatever the lowest level is), Oyster card (zones 1-2)
Thank you: the site seems very buggy too: lots of phantom availability displayed.

Nothing available for two weeks it seems.
Old Aug 4, 2021, 12:06 am

Programs: DL Platinum Medallion, AA Platinum, Southwest A-list
I'm having a ton of of trouble booking a Madrid airport COVID test for my way back to the US on August 29--the website is so buggy. Has anyone had experience getting a rapid antigen test in Madrid with/without an appointment? I imagine there are ample places to do it but wanted to confirm.
Old Aug 14, 2021, 6:35 am

nyctraveler325: I agree that the site is really buggy, but keep trying. I tried over and over on my Mac and the site kept spinning and timing out. However, my husband just managed to get our appointments (and paid for them) on his Windows computer this morning. I'm not sure if the bugginess was fixed or if it was a better time or if the site likes his browser more, but it did work. We are flying out on September 1 and there were appointments available. Good luck!
Old Aug 15, 2021, 8:14 pm

I am flying MAD-MIA on IB late in September. I booked the test in T4 for 2.5 hours prior to departure. Seems like that should be fine?
Old Aug 15, 2021, 11:45 pm

Originally Posted by aviators99
I am flying MAD-MIA on IB late in September. I booked the test in T4 for 2.5 hours prior to departure. Seems like that should be fine?
Antigen or PCR ? If its an Antigen you should be ok, if it's a PCR you have no chance. Test result are pretty quick at MAD airport but you still need to allow 8-12 hours for PCR Test result
Old Aug 15, 2021, 11:59 pm

Originally Posted by Ramos
Antigen or PCR ? If its an Antigen you should be ok, if it's a PCR you have no chance. Test result are pretty quick at MAD airport but you still need to allow 8-12 hours for PCR Test result
It's Antigen (as required for returning to the US). Thanks.
Old Aug 16, 2021, 12:04 am

Originally Posted by aviators99
It's Antigen (as required for returning to the US). Thanks.
I've just PCR Test done there, and people seemed to be waiting around an hour Antigen test result. It was pretty busy

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.